New Testament - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Testament

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
    Been spinning this nonstop. Great album overall. As far as new Testament is concerned, Brotherhood was a bit of a sidestep (not bad by any means but no Dark Roots), but this is return to form.

Eric is killing it as a lead player as well, doing a great job going toe to toe with Alex, especially on songs like Dream Deceiver (which has a Scorpions inspired chorus). They even let Steve in on the spotlight with some bass leads, which is pretty cool.
    This record is tremendous and yes, I am digging Eric's playing quite a bit on this one too. Only thing I am pissed off about is the last song is only instrumental. I thought it was gonna be the craziest thing ever and then it just stops.

Skolnick really pulled out his arsenal for this record. Tremendous lead playing all over the record. He also wrote only "Symptoms" and "Code of Hammurabi."

The rest of the songs Eric wrote musically.
    Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    Dream Deceiver is one of the catchiest songs Testament has ever written. It's absurd they didn't release it as a single.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Bowes Nightbringer 7

I can see Testament having an absolute blast on state during Dream Deceiver. Goddammmit I love this band.

Has anyone had a chance to play one of Alex's signature LTD's? He uses them live quite a lot.

Also! Dave pointed out the addition of a few extra notes by Alex on this Rush cover.

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

I own the LTD AS-1 in silverburst. I love it so much that I had to re-buy it after I sold it to someone.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|Überschall

Speaking of Old Testament. My favorite is Ezekiel 23:20.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    Dream Deceiver is one of the catchiest songs Testament has ever written. It's absurd they didn't release it as a single.
    Well, I don't know if they are done releasing singles from it, so who knows.

But I would venture the reason they aren't releasing it is because the catchy chorus part is lifted directly from a Scorpions song. It's like, 50% Scorpions cover, 50% the riffs from Low.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Yeah that's pretty blatant.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: LTD EC 1000
    Rig: EVH 5150 III EL34 50watt

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Well, I don't know if they are done releasing singles from it, so who knows.

But I would venture the reason they aren't releasing it is because the catchy chorus part is lifted directly from a Scorpions song. It's like, 50% Scorpions cover, 50% the riffs from Low.

Fuck. I was listening to the new album last weekend and when this song came on, I was like "where the fuck have I heard this before". Im ashamed I could not figure it out since ive been on a huge scorpions kick lately too.

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

Not the first time Testament has borrowed from the Scorpions.

The even covered Sails of Charon too.

I have no issue with it personally. I remember during the Dark Roots tour playing the riff He's A Woman She's A Man during soundcheck and Gene immediately recognised it and offered me a future jam session. And I remembered talking with Chuck how we're both big fans of Uli Jon Roth era Scorpions after the tour. Sadly the jam with Hoglan never happened....