K.K. Downing Launches His Own Version of JUDAS PRIEST - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: K.K. Downing Launches His Own Version of JUDAS PRIEST

ME: Gibson V
    MA: Eastman
    Rig: Mesa Roadster

For me, it's Sin After Sin, then Stained.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Priest is one of those bands that I always just enjoyed listening to and never bother analyzing their tone or caring about their gear. Maiden is like that for me too. They are my all time favorite band and other than strats and Smith's awesome Jacksons, I have absolutely no idea what kind of amps they use. I couldn't even venture a guess.

Painkiller tone is nothing I'd ever go for but that album wouldn't be the same if it was any different.
    There's a GuitarWorld interview with KK floating around talking about how their sound changed over the years from bluesy to modern metal. I'm pretty sure it's the same one where the interviewer asked if they performed their own pinch harmonics on electric eye.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The fact that they aren't Gilbert-perfect makes them even cooler. They sound oldschool pissed off, like every 80's thrash shredder.
    I cannot stand Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Satriani,etc.. They are the Kenny G of rock.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by schreckmusic View Post
    I cannot stand Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Satriani,etc.. They are the Kenny G of rock.
    Have you listened to Racer X?! Paul Gilbert rules. The others I pretty much agree, but Paul Gilbert has actually been in some proper bands that aren't just background music for his guitar playing.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Have you listened to Racer X?! Paul Gilbert rules. The others I pretty much agree, but Paul Gilbert has actually been in some proper bands that aren't just background music for his guitar playing.
    So Vai em Zappa/Alcatraz/Whitesnake/Dave Lee Roth and Satriani in Deep Purple and Chickenfoot is not being in proper Bands?

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    So Vai em Zappa/Alcatraz/Whitesnake/Dave Lee Roth and Satriani in Deep Purple and Chickenfoot is not being in proper Bands?
    Cant stand Zappa, David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Van Halen,etc... No idea what Chickenfoot is but I am sure I will not like them too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Actually this is really fucking cool! I take it back. Maybe I just don't like his goofy interviews and persona? Who knows

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    So Vai and Satriani have (briefly) been hired guns or replacements for the guitarists people would actually want to hear (Yngwie, Blackmoore etc)? I don't know if I'd call Chickenfoot a proper band either.