K.K. Downing Launches His Own Version of JUDAS PRIEST - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: K.K. Downing Launches His Own Version of JUDAS PRIEST

You might not like it but saying Chicken Foot is not a proper band... they record, they tour. What's not proper about it? They are more "proper" than the Bands that never record anything and only play very small venues or don't even basically tour... (most of the Metal Bands from Members of this forum for example). Let's not even talk about Cover Bands, aren't they proper Bands too?

Phill X was for many years a Hired Gun in Bon Jovi... not proper too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Yeah, this stinks.

I have to listen to this to cleanse my ears. This album came out in 1990 and still rules!

Im not fond of Chicken foot by the way so if you are trying to "get on my nerves" you ain't doing it, but still even if hated them they are still a band and that's non discussable

Deicide was nothing that good to be honest, a couple tunes here and there but they weren't my thing. Saw them Live once in 94, Suffocation before them were much better. Also that all "going to kill myself at 33" was such a Poser thing.

Although latest Deicide ALbum has a fucking killer tune:

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    You might not like it but saying Chicken Foot is not a proper band... they record, they tour. What's not proper about it? They are more "proper" than the Bands that never record anything and only play very small venues or don't even basically tour... (most of the Metal Bands from Members of this forum for example). Let's not even talk about Cover Bands, aren't they proper Bands too?

Phill X was for many years a Hired Gun in Bon Jovi... not proper too?
    The only reason anyone has ever heard about Chickenfoot is because the members are famous from other bands. The music is so mediocre that they would never have had any success if not for that. If you have money and fame you can get stuff out there that isn't really that interesting to anyone - like Kiefer Sutherland opening for Muse in front of 20000 people.

I have no idea who Phil X is, but looking at his Wikipedia article, he pretty much seems to be the definition of a hired gun. I didn't even know he played with Bon Jovi, because the guitarist I associate with that band is Richie Sambora.

BTW: Joe Satriani played for Deep Purple on like one Japanese tour. He wasn't exactly a long term member.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Im not fond of Chicken foot by the way so if you are trying to "get on my nerves" you ain't doing it, but still even if hated them they are still a band and that's non discussable
    So by your definition this is a proper band too

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

This long into a discussion about Paul Gilbert in proper bands and nobody's mentioned Mr. Big? The fuck website am I on?

Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by schreckmusic View Post
    I cannot stand Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Satriani,etc.. They are the Kenny G of rock.
    Nonsense.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    I have no idea who Phil X is, but looking at his Wikipedia article, he pretty much seems to be the definition of a hired gun. I didn't even know he played with Bon Jovi, because the guitarist I associate with that band is Richie Sambora.
    Phil X is definitely worth looking into. He's awesome, and can play his ass off.

https://www.metalguitarist.org/forum...y-cheered.html

The only reason anyone has ever heard about Chickenfoot is because the members are famous from other bands. The music is so mediocre that they would never have had any success if not for that. If you have money and fame you can get stuff out there that isn't really that interesting to anyone - like Kiefer Sutherland opening for Muse in front of 20000 people.