Crimes against Metal (When great musicians do terrible things)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crimes against Metal (When great musicians do terrible things)

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Crimes against Metal (When great musicians do terrible things)

The #1 atrocity in my metal lifetime, which I won't diatribe again, will always be Tattooed Millionaire for me. Bruce Dickinson will forever owe childhood me 15 bucks for that shit, and if I ever get a chance to meet him I plan to ask him for it.

I was chatting about that with a buddy today, and forgot about this stinker from the same band, same era:

I saved up to buy that one too.

What are some other examples of egregious crimes against the legacy of otherwise great artists?

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Tattooed Millionaire wouldn't have been quite so bad if Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter appeared on it. It was meant to, but Steve Harris took the only good song for the Iron Maiden album coming out at the same time.

Chemical Wedding and Accident of Birth are both excellent.

Tyranny of Souls is pretty good, but not on the same level.

Balls to Picasso actually has some awesome tracks, but plenty I also don't like. 1000 Points of Light and Sacred Cowboys are both cool. Although the semi rap rock vocals on the verses of Sacred Cowboys suck. Chorus is awesome.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

As for grand disappointments that I actually got when they came out, I can't think of anything that tops Judas Priest's "Nostradamus", that was so fucking terrible. I got the super deluxe edition on pre-order too.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Tattooed Millionaire wouldn't have been quite so bad if Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter appeared on it. It was meant to, but Steve Harris took the only good song for the Iron Maiden album coming out at the same time. .
    I wouldn't mind that song if Maiden didn't play it live in place of a zillion other better tunes every time I see them. Dickinson redeemed himself with Chemical Wedding (which is just as good as any maiden album) but I'm forever scarred from tattooed millionaire man.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

I present the direction that Hank Shermann wanted to take Mercyful Fate:

The only silver lining to this is that King Diamond and Michael Denner quit in disgust and gave us Abigail.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The #1 atrocity in my metal lifetime, which I won't diatribe again, will always be Tattooed Millionaire for me. Bruce Dickinson will forever owe childhood me 15 bucks for that shit, and if I ever get a chance to meet him I plan to ask him for it.
    To be fair, there's at least some evidence that the only reason he was allowed to do this at all was because it didn't sound like Maiden, and he was still a member. No one has any idea how much power Harris has over the individual members, but I know it was a sticking point when Bruce and Adrian came back.

What are some other examples of egregious crimes against the legacy of otherwise great artists?
    For the all-time worst followup to an awesome album (and we're talking Exorcist II levels of bad here), I present Crimson Glory's Strange and Beautiful, otherwise known as "Atlantic tries to turn a prog-metal band into Led Zeppelin because, well, Atlantic":

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    For the all-time worst followup to an awesome album (and we're talking Exorcist II levels of bad here), I present Crimson Glory'
    How about you post bands that people other than you and Crooks have heard of.

Argbadh - RHLC©