Played a killer last-minute show!

Thread: Played a killer last-minute show!

ME: Jackson CS KE2
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

Played a killer last-minute show!

I started this band as a 'solo-project' (I guess) around 3 years ago now and spent about a year figuring shit out before I got a lineup and started playing live. We've been a bit back-and-forth with shows and material/recording so neither has been particularly high volume

Anyway, we got booked for a show with Necrophobic on the 13th of March at the Nambucca in London, which had a killer overall lineup and was promising to kick arse. We got a new guitarist in especially for this gig, promoted the shit out of it, then about 2 weeks before the show I did a bit of an oopsie with one of the promoters on Facebook and got booted from the lineup.

No other London shows booked for ages (deliberately cause we were keeping exclusivity for this show) so we just spent that time rethinking the year's planning, looking for gigs, working on songs etc

As this is all happening, Coronavirus rolls out and next thing you know, the Italian band on the lineup has to drop out A week or so later, Necrophobic are forced to do the same and it ends up being a one band show, so there's the relief that we hadn't really lost anything

The day after said show, I'm in the gym and I get a message from our drummer with a screenshot of a friend of ours looking for a support band for 'the show tonight'. At this point, I wasn't hopeful but asked anyway and "the show tonight" turned out to be with Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, so I'm instantly calling the guys to see if we can all do it. Rogered and we managed to sweep it up just in time, so off I rush home to pick my shit off and rush to the venue.

We got there about 15 minutes before stage time, load in and boom. Despite all the stress from traffic, no rehearsal within a week and being a Death Metal band playing to a pure Black Metal crowd, we played a pretty smashing set with a great reception. Sound and lights were the best we've had and the crowd lapped it right up.
    The DNS guys & girl were also cool people to talk to and their drummer was super generous, sharing his mega high-end kit with all the support bands.

Great night overall!

A few pics and a video below:

Little multicam made from two friends' phone videos: (yours truly in the middle with the Kelly)
    call me on 911 (USA) or 999 (UK) for poser disposal services

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

You really going to let dude holding the cross one-up your metal cred like that? You don't even have any fake blood.

Poser.

ME: Jackson CS KE2
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You really going to let dude holding the cross one-up your metal cred like that? You don't even have any fake blood.

Poser.
    That's not even a dude