Metal Guitarist Forums banner

In Sorte Diaboli is the best Dimmu Borgir album.

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Kagami 
#1 ·

Prove me wrong. :immortal:

#2 ·
Are you crazy? It's maybe the fourth best Dimmu Borgir album! At MOST, it's the third best! The best is either Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia or Death Cult Armageddon. I used to say Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia was their best, but lately I lean more towards Death Cult Armageddon:

#8 ·
Clearly you've been getting high as fuck during lockdown you madman.

P.E.M, deathcult armageddon, For all Tid and Stormblast.

\

Also regarding production budget it's not like dimmu are an actual black metal band, they are a nuclear blast kerrang band now who are probably pretty high up the NB roster so they have some money to burn for video content.

More power to them though they have been clear on the fact since the late 90s that they wanted to be as famous as possible so they have done what they intended.

Also minimal fucking about and amazing riffs:

#14 ·
I also think ICS Vortex's vocals work best in Dimmu Borgir, which is one of the biggest reasons it's a shame he's no longer in the band. I mean, he sounds great in Borknagar, but I think his soaring epic vocals just work best in Dimmu's kind of riffage and orchestration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.