Another Guitar YouTuber going down? Stevie. T? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Another Guitar YouTuber going down? Stevie. T?

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

Always hated Stevie t.
    Confront and Cry

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This is what happens when guitar stops being about looking cool and getting laid, and starts being about social media influence.
    Come on man! Stevie T has to be rolling around in some p*ssy............................................. .......................

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

I feel like this guy's clutching at straws a bit... I mean I fucking hate Stevie T, don't get me wrong, but he's trying really hard to make this look far more sinister than it is. Stevie T hasn't explicitly made his videos for children, so just because he has a young following doesn't mean he's designed it that way. He's a childish dickhead, with an immature sense of humour, but I'd argue that his content isn't designed for kids in its conception.

I find it creepier that this KDH guy has snooped on Stevie T's followers to see what fucking age they are, and even posted a picture of one (with a terrible "disguise" blacking out his eyes) just for shock value.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

I had never heard of "Stevie T." before this and think that the entire concept of being a YouTube Guitarist is pathetic (albeit lucrative for some).

Interestingly, from the snippets that KDH posted, it's obvious that Stevie modeled his YouTube persona after gamer videos aimed at kids and teens. My older son incessantly watches Roblox and Minecraft videos by Preston and Brianna (they're husband and wife), and they have the same annoying loudmouth personas as Stevie but never insult or denigrate anyone else (from what I've seen). https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/Preston

I don't know. We shit-talk people all the time here, but Stevie's thing looks like it crosses a line.

Less talking and more playing, perhaps...

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Not a big Stevie T fan, I’ve chuckled at a few of his videos but normally can’t make it past the first 10 seconds of them. That said, I think his content falls under the comedy category more than anything else and I’ll give most things a free pass under comedy. I didn’t watch the vid in the OP, but what few videos of Stevie’s I’ve seen, his bullying seems to be more like overacted and obviously facetious, childish “Well, I think you’re a doodoo head.”

If parents are worried their kid is going to turn into a bully from watching these vids, that’s on them to stop them from watching him. If he were inciting his followers to go after people, that’d be a different story. I think the worst case scenario here is you get a few 10 year olds going onto someone’s page and saying “You are poopoo caca hahhaahhah lol!1”
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    I feel like this guy's clutching at straws a bit.
    I get the impression someday he's going to post a 'HAHA GOT YOU!' video revealing the whole thing was a gag. By his own admission in the first major vid he had (Chappers?), he says the series is basically a TMZ for gear YouTubers; ie: deliberately mining for controversy just because they're celebrities. If you look at the rest of the content on his channel, he's essentially trying to BE the people he critiques. It's not much of a stretch to say the whole idea of drumming up controversy is to drive traffic to his channel that ALSO promotes gear and silliness.

That said, Stevie T DOES come across as a creeper. Like one of those guys picking up underage girls on Twitch or whatever.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I get the impression someday he's going to post a 'HAHA GOT YOU!' video revealing the whole thing was a gag. By his own admission in the first major vid he had (Chappers?), he says the series is basically a TMZ for gear YouTubers; ie: deliberately mining for controversy just because they're celebrities. If you look at the rest of the content on his channel, he's essentially trying to BE the people he critiques. It's not much of a stretch to say the whole idea of drumming up controversy is to drive traffic to his channel that ALSO promotes gear and silliness.

That said, Stevie T DOES come across as a creeper. Like one of those guys picking up underage girls on Twitch or whatever.
    That pretty much shows the indictment of the whole YouTube celebrity shtick. Makes everyone look stupid.

A big to all of it.

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    the entire concept of being a YouTube Guitarist is pathetic.
    Why?