Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Music Youtubers you LIKE

4K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
Reactionary to the other thread where someone calls out a d-bag. That's great, but let's not give that clown any more airtime than he deserves (which seems to be none :lol: ).

Just throw out your top 3, and maybe 3 of your favorite non-music channels, because we're a bunch of well-rounded motherfuckers.

Clearly, BrOla :wub:. It's grossly out of proportion how many of his episodes I've watched :lol:

I'm pretty new to Leon Todd's channel, but namesake aside, he's always pretty positive, very gear focused, and has very cool tone.

And then there's Uncle Ben! I really need to watch more of these...

Nonmusical, my wife and I like to watch lots of cooking shows. Binging With Babish being one of them:

Also, Alton Brown and his wife have been doing some live-streams "Quarantine Kitchen." Another one the wife and I both watch!

And, just for me, I like to watch a couple Makers, like Torbjorn Ahman and Jimmy Diresta, but I've probably watched more This Old Tony vids than the other two combined.

See less See more
#34 ·
Funny enough, my list of liked Music youtubers are pretty short. The usual suspects like Rick Beato, Brett Burgs Kingman, URM, yeah. Kmac gets a pass for me because he doesn't waste time with superfluous stuff keeping things short and sweet. Most of the guitar related channels I like most just don't update often.

One of my favorites:

More game music related than anything else, but one of the most informative and well thought analysis on the medium.

As for non music, I've got a bigger list. And most of them revolve around or stem out of everything by Yahtzee Croshaw. On average, I watch about 10 or 15 episodes of Zero Punctuation a day, but I love his Dev Diary series where he creates 1 game a month and commits to finishing each project. That series alone inspired me to do something similar but in music. And his Let's Drown Out series with his mate Gabriel Morton, while defunct was one of the few let's plays I'll openly rewatch. Gabe's branched off to Keepetclassy, while not the same and certainly not for everybody, I watch regularly. I love watching all the Redlettermedia stuff as well, and Jim Sterling, another acquired taste, I keep in tune to his Jimquisiton series.

#35 ·
Thatpedalshow is good. They dont do the "tubescreamer vs ts808" style videos that most pedal shows do. They go into the concepts of using different pedals which has opened my eye to using gear in different ways. Shows can be a bit long but ive come to like the banter. I started building pedals a few yrs ago and the vids have helped lots.

JHS pedals has a good show to. Again great to learn about different pedals. I hear there is some controversy around his company but id dont get into that, jsut like the info i can get from his vids.

Sonicdrivestudios is good for amp comparisons. I like the 16 guitars through 1 amp vids he's been doing. Great way to showcase an amp.

Andydemos have the best pedal no frills pedal showcases. Ive watched many of his older vids on guitarprostore? when trying to choose what pedal to build.

Im subbed to Ola, Beard, Beato and will watch them from time to time.

#36 ·
Varg, although he got deplatformed.

His channel was fucking hilarious. There was one where he was sitting in a car and he was like, "My wife got me this traditional viking lute for christmas" and he pulls out this like, $50 novelty piece of shit log with strings attached and he just strummed it for 12 solid minutes while crooning.

"ODIN.......IS MY FATHER
ODIN.........IS THE ALL FATHER
ODIN..........IS THE FATHER OF ALL".

He wasn't just a one trick pony either. There were also videos of how to defend europe from "degenerate migrants" and "race mixing" with karate kicks. Which makes sense, since karate is widely known as a traditional European thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.