Music Youtubers you LIKE
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Music Youtubers you LIKE

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Music Youtubers you LIKE

Reactionary to the other thread where someone calls out a d-bag. That's great, but let's not give that clown any more airtime than he deserves (which seems to be none ).

Just throw out your top 3, and maybe 3 of your favorite non-music channels, because we're a bunch of well-rounded motherfuckers.

Clearly, BrOla . It's grossly out of proportion how many of his episodes I've watched

I'm pretty new to Leon Todd's channel, but namesake aside, he's always pretty positive, very gear focused, and has very cool tone.

And then there's Uncle Ben! I really need to watch more of these...

Nonmusical, my wife and I like to watch lots of cooking shows. Binging With Babish being one of them:

Also, Alton Brown and his wife have been doing some live-streams "Quarantine Kitchen." Another one the wife and I both watch!

And, just for me, I like to watch a couple Makers, like Torbjorn Ahman and Jimmy Diresta, but I've probably watched more This Old Tony vids than the other two combined.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson CS KE2
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

I can only take so much Ola or Ben Eller... Soz, I guess I'm just bored of Metal/Rock guitar talk unless it fits a very specific niche, lol.
    Fluff got totally boring after a while.

I sometimes watch Adam Neely though- I like his insights/perspective into music:
    call me on 911 (USA) or 999 (UK) for poser disposal services

Quote Originally Posted by BStobart View Post
    I can only take so much Ola or Ben Eller... Soz, I guess I'm just bored of Metal/Rock guitar talk unless it fits a very specific niche, lol.
    Fluff got totally boring after a while.

I sometimes watch Adam Neely though- I like his insights/perspective into music:
    Yeah... I never really got into Fluff's vids. He had a fantastic video about building an in-ear-monitor rig, but beyond that, eh

And yeah, this Neely guy has some interesting content!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I don't consider Ola a "music youtuber". He's a professional musician in a whole bunch of sick bands that tour who also happens to make good Youtube content.

You may be over-thinking this

ME: LEF Customs EXP
    MB: LTD B-5E
    Rig: VH-140C/Mesa Mark III

URM Academy has a ton of great stuff on music production, anything with Khristian Kohle is going to be awesome. Barring the clickbait title, this is a great demonstration on how huge a difference a cab makes to your sound:

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

Ola and Leon are a given.
    Michael Nielson/Big Hairy Guitars for that late '80s/early '90s fix.
    Pete Thorn and Rabea are pretty much glorified advertisers now, but they're cool dudes who are mindblowing players with great tone who don't rely on shitty jokes and memes, so they get a pass.
    I actually like Arnoldplaysguitar
    D-Lab Electronics solely because he's personally helping me fix a Rocktron Intellifex.
    PremierGuitar is a not-shitty version of Guitar World's youtube channel
    Rdavidr for drum-related shit
    +1 to URM Academy as well. Literally just got into them.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Yeah, Ola, URM, and Adam Neely are great. Neely's stuff frequently goes over my head, but I dig the depth. I personally like Fluff, but I can see why others don't. Rudy Ayoub and Kmac are really great too, they're legitimately funny.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate