2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

That was a really good one.

I love it when he breaks down vocal melodies over chord progressions on a piano and this song was a great example of why. We’ve all heard that song so many times but hearing it that way was like getting to hear what’s behind it, what really makes the song so great. So haunting and perfect.

Reminded me of the “Heart Shaped Box” cover in Westworld. I really need to learn to play piano better so I can do shit like this.

Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Nothing.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post

Reminded me of the “Heart Shaped Box” cover in Westworld. I really need to learn to play piano better so I can do shit like this.
    Yeah it was but seems there's no Love in here for Nirvana or that song ahahaha... are you guys still butt hurt Kurt killed "Hair Spray and Spandex" bands

I was supposed to have a piano by now to learn it since Im listening to lots of Piano for the past 10 months or more, but I keep browsing guitars and even made two offers today on Reverb...

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Yeah, I've never gotten the butthurt so many people have about Nirvana. Amazing band. Kurt was a great songwriter (and melody writer), despite what how many ignorant people say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post

I love it when he breaks down vocal melodies over chord progressions on a piano and this song was a great example of why. We’ve all heard that song so many times but hearing it that way was like getting to hear what’s behind it, what really makes the song so great. So haunting and perfect.

Oh yeah, that was awesome. Heart-Shaped Box is actually the song I used when I first wanted to be able to play guitar and sing at the same time. I remember thinking "That sounds simple enough that I should be able to learn to be able to play that and sing at the same time." It was perfect and it enabled me to pretty much sing while playing anything (well, eventually at least. Obviously I wasn't able to do that immediately after learning how to sing and play).

I really really like how Westworld uses modern popular songs in different variations in the show, and Heart-Shaped Box was one of their best in my opinion.

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Yeah it was but seems there's no Love in here for Nirvana or that song ahahaha... are you guys still butt hurt Kurt killed "Hair Spray and Spandex" bands

I was supposed to have a piano by now to learn it since Im listening to lots of Piano for the past 10 months or more, but I keep browsing guitars and even made two offers today on Reverb...
    At least over here you can get used pianos for free as long as you sort out the transportation - of course they might need to be tuned but still it's cheap as hell to get even some pretty good used pianos.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    At least over here you can get used pianos for free as long as you sort out the transportation - of course they might need to be tuned but still it's cheap as hell to get even some pretty good used pianos.
    My bad... when I meant Piano I mean a Keyboard (Casio, Yamaha etc) that mimics the Piano with somehow weight on the Keys. I saw some for beginners around the 400-500€ mark.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto