Thread: No One Swings Like The King by Phill X

No One Swings Like The King by Phill X

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I can't think of many people who enjoy music and playing guitar more than Phil does.

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

This guy is stupid talented.

I'd love to jam with him because it honestly would be a great time.

And he's right, no one has that E.V.H. Swing. I've tried playing "I'm in the One" so many times and it is so hard to get that swing down.

Yeah, this isolated performance is nuts.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

^ I think part of it is that it's always easier to add feel and snazz to your own stuff than it is when you're covering someone else. No matter how much someone likes EVH, a lot of these takes are EVH playing his own writing where he's able to improv and ad-lib wherever he wants.

When you're playing that loose, you will always sound better than someone else trying to play what you just played.

Al Estrada is the only guy that I heard that I could swear it was Eddie playing

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ^ I think part of it is that it's always easier to add feel and snazz to your own stuff than it is when you're covering someone else. No matter how much someone likes EVH, a lot of these takes are EVH playing his own writing where he's able to improv and ad-lib wherever he wants.

When you're playing that loose, you will always sound better than someone else trying to play what you just played.
    A lot of truth to that. I've never liked the idea of covering EVH's stuff because I know I will never sound exactly like because he is so much HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Al Estrada is the only guy that I heard that I could swear it was Eddie playing

So that's the guy DLR hired! Man, it was scary how close he sounded to EVH! He did such a great job and was absolutely incredible!
    His tone was perfect. Stupid good. DLR put on a great show with a great band.