New Lamb of God - Lamb of God

Tags
god lamb
2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Rev Drucifer 
#1 ·
See less See more
2 1
#3 ·
Funny, had no idea they had a new album coming out and I've been listening to them the past couple of days.

I swear some of their newer songs would sound better if they had that more raw-like production with past albums.

Randy's vocals in the first song posted really sound like Chuck Billy.

#5 ·
I appreciate that these songs aren't short. Maybe I'm just older now, but there's nothing really pulling me in to check out the rest of the album.

I have missed 3 or 4? LoG releases at this point, even though they were one of the bands that got me into "American Metal".

Things feel kind of like "Ashes 2.0". That second song is the new version of "the faded line" :lol:.

#6 ·
I appreciate that these songs aren't short. Maybe I'm just older now, but there's nothing really pulling me in to check out the rest of the album.

I have missed 3 or 4? LoG releases at this point, even though they were one of the bands that got me into "American Metal".

Things feel kind of like "Ashes 2.0". That second song is the new version of "the faded line"
Exactly this, I feel like I've now heard every lamb of God song now, including the ones they haven't written yet.

#7 ·
I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. They've become a band that does their thing and don't stray far from it. Thankfully, for me, I dig that one thing. They're also KILLER live and remarkably consistent.

Chuck Billy IS on the album, just not what was posted- Cool tune!

I'm checking out this one now.....it's another one that'll get a bunch of people doing the "LOG SOLD THE FUCK OUT RANDY IS CLEAN SINGING OMG!!!". This one is definitely straying away from their core sound, but it's still obviously LoG. Parts of this could be a hard rock tune, for sure. Must have been a Mark tune.

As much as I dug Chris Adler, I'm not missing him. I'm onto another song and now we're getting some blast beats into the band and it's great! The rest of this same song could just have easily been Adler playing. Cruz isn't taking a thing away from this band at all. Just less piccolo snare and snare-dominated fills.

Shit, the more I get through the album, the more I'm surprised by certain sections. It's not a complete change in who they were as a whole, but there's definitely some sections in here that would not have appeared on a LoG album before and I'm diggin' in. Then occasionally you'll come across a section that's classic, Palaces-era LoG and it's fucking great.

#9 ·
I'm two songs in and so far it's just another LOG record. One thing that jumped out at me is how fake some of the drum rolls sound, especially the toms. I'm not saying they're not played, but when there is multiple fast notes on a single tom, it sounds replaced with everything at 127.

#10 ·
I'd say 3/4's the album is your standard LoG, but there's moments that pop up here and there where they're doing something a little different.

Agreed in regards to the drums. Everything gets a sample slapped on top of it, if not fully replaced, these days but more time could have been spent dialing that shit in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.