FirstBorne- Chris Adler new Project - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FirstBorne- Chris Adler new Project

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I never even considered the band name being a dis to Willie/LoG, but definitely don't see it outside the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by schreckmusic View Post
    I am surprised everyone likes the singer. For me it sounds like he does not know how to sing and is straining his voice. Granted, I do not know shit about singing.
    As someone who has been singing for close to 20 years, I have to disagree. People often say this about the dude from Avenged Sevenfold as well; that he's straining and doesn't seem to know how to sing. Vocal sounds can lead to that idea, but at the end of the day, it comes back to having the ability to control pitch and form words. There's a lot one can do to alter the sound of their voice, but without pitch and annunciation, it's not going to take you very far. Unless you're singing in a punk band. Hell, Rod Stewart sounds like his voice is going to give out half the time, as if he's smoked every cigarette on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Not into this at all. It sounds like 4 people thrown into a room and told to make songs or else. Just very little cohesion.

However, it does pretty much demonstrate exactly how much the LoG sound was his drums.
    New LoG sounds just like LoG, but the drum sounds are quite different than anything they've had on the past records. Snare isn't pitched all the way up and the kicks take up a lot more space in the bottom end. It's a welcomed change for me.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    As someone who has been singing for close to 20 years, I have to disagree. People often say this about the dude from Avenged Sevenfold as well; that he's straining and doesn't seem to know how to sing. Vocal sounds can lead to that idea, but at the end of the day, it comes back to having the ability to control pitch and form words. There's a lot one can do to alter the sound of their voice, but without pitch and annunciation, it's not going to take you very far. Unless you're singing in a punk band. Hell, Rod Stewart sounds like his voice is going to give out half the time, as if he's smoked every cigarette on the planet.
    I do not know anything about singing. From a non singers perspective I felt like he was frying his head voice and there was no chest. I could have those terms completely wrong, as I do not know shit about singing. But his voice to me is very weak sounding and lacks any sort of power. If that is what he is going for and that is the singing style, its just not for me I guess.

ME: LEF Customs EXP
    MB: LTD B-5E
    Rig: VH-140C/Mesa Mark III

I had no idea Chris Adler was out of LoG, that's a shame. I don't feel like the drumming on this new project (from the 2 minutes I listened to) really do him justice. Kinda milquetoast.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

I thought this was interesting. Certainly more so than the new LoG clips.