Most cringeworthy depictions of guitars in other media (film/video games/letc.) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most cringeworthy depictions of guitars in other media (film/video games/letc.)

I saw this movie when it opened in Portugal (1-2 weeks after the US release I think) and read the Graphic Novel the same day while at work since I used to work at a Comic Book store back then

Loved the Comic found the movie shitty. Suffers from the typical cheesy action and where the villains were always the same actors. I probably must have watched again since but most certain more than 20 years ago.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Who recorded the original audio to it?
    According to the youtube comment section of awkward goth kids.....

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

I like the movie - goofy rooftop playing and all. The soundtrack was pretty kick ass as well.

Supposed to be a reboot in the making with Jason Mamoa - Maybe they just shoulda got the Iron Chef Chairman Marc Dacascos to do it again....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Nothing can be worse that the classical piece Ralph Macchio mimes his way through at the end of the Crossroads guitar dual.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Nothing can be worse that the classical piece Ralph Macchio mimes his way through at the end of the Crossroads guitar dual.
    I don't know man, Desperado is close. Desperado is overall a mixed bag, because there are also lots of scenes with guitars that are over the top cool and not groan worthy at all (mainly the ones in the beginning and the dude at the end who has the rocket launcher case) at all, but some of the scenes are classic "laughably bad Hollywood versions of how guitar playing works."

Have you ever wondered if there is someone out there who can explain the entire secret to playing guitar well in under two minutes? Antonio Banderas can.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    The weak ass vibrato in the beginning kills me too. If I'm a bad dude who is about to have vengeance wreaked upon me by some "rock star" returned from the grave, at least they can have wide vibrato.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
    I like the movie - goofy rooftop playing and all. The soundtrack was pretty kick ass as well.

Supposed to be a reboot in the making with Jason Mamoa - Maybe they just shoulda got the Iron Chef Chairman Marc Dacascos to do it again....
    That dude ruled in Brotherhood of the Wolf.

ME: Jackson SL3X
    MA: nope
    MB: cheapo fan-fret thing
    Rig: Katana 50

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Fury Road is the opposite of cringe worthy unrealistic electric guitar portrayals in media though, considering Doof Warriors guitar was actually playable.

Most of the world building and props in shit in Fury Road are actually amazing from the perspective of, "Well, that looks wildly impractical, like a prop just designed to look cool". But when you look closer it's like, "well, if the world went to shit and you had to macguyver an electric guitar, it's actually not that far off".

The Doof Warrior guitar is also legendary for being built out of a bedpan. Thus subverting the whole "that is impractically cool looking, something that would only happen in hollywood". No one is like, "better build an impractically cool looking post apocalyptic guitar, bring me something old people piss in".
    I always chuckle at the thought of a despotic leader in a future world where resources are scarce ordering the troops:

"We're going to war. Alpha squad, with me. Bravo squad, you'll take the flank. Gunners ready! Mortars ready! You - guitar, and you - drums"
    All of the gain, most of the mids...