Thread: Kiko Loureiro new tune featuring Marty Friedman

ME: ESP Baby Metal
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: KR7, 5153, MKIV, UL

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Dave????

lol

Whats your real name?

Mine is actually weird for non Portuguese people to say it, although I had this girl sending me a voice message on FB asking it it was like that and saying with with perfectly. I was really really impressed.
    Portuguese pronunciation is really different to the other romance languages so I imagine a lot of people screw it up lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
    Portuguese pronunciation is really different to the other romance languages so I imagine a lot of people screw it up lol.
    Its not that different from Spanish and especially from Galicia Spanish. I had a colleague from there and the way he spoke sounded almost like top north of Portugal. So i got really intrigued and went digging why the similarities... since he could understand my native Portuguese but the rest of spaniards have really trouble understanding it even though we Portuguese people understand Spanish very well... so they are either lazy bastard or pretend they cant

So my findings were, Portuguese was the last of the Romance languages to be created and it basically comes from Galicia

You being from the US I dont really know how much Portuguese you hear apart from the Brazilian spoke one. The pronunciation, sentences and mannerisms are very very different from the Portuguese of Portugal. Seems much easier for foreigners than the Portuguese from Portugal to learn.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

The playing is immaculate, but as a listener it didn't do much for me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    The playing is immaculate, but as a listener it didn't do much for me.
    Agreed. Friedman's solo was the best part or trade-off. It was hard to tell a couple of times.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

ME: ESP Baby Metal
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: KR7, 5153, MKIV, UL

Its not that different from Spanish and especially from Galicia Spanish. I had a colleague from there and the way he spoke sounded almost like top north of Portugal. So i got really intrigued and went digging why the similarities... since he could understand my native Portuguese but the rest of spaniards have really trouble understanding it even though we Portuguese people understand Spanish very well... so they are either lazy bastard or pretend they cant

So my findings were, Portuguese was the last of the Romance languages to be created and it basically comes from Galicia

You being from the US I dont really know how much Portuguese you hear apart from the Brazilian spoke one. The pronunciation, sentences and mannerisms are very very different from the Portuguese of Portugal. Seems much easier for foreigners than the Portuguese from Portugal to learn.
    I don't really know any at all just have watched a few videos about it lol.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Its not that different from Spanish and especially from Galicia Spanish. I had a colleague from there and the way he spoke sounded almost like top north of Portugal. So i got really intrigued and went digging why the similarities... since he could understand my native Portuguese but the rest of spaniards have really trouble understanding it even though we Portuguese people understand Spanish very well...
    My limited understanding is that Galician is basically Portuguese but using Castilian Spanish spelling. It's interesting that you say the ease of understanding only goes one way.

Iberian languages are fascinating, even though I don't speak any of them. Many linguists classify various Spanish "dialects" as actually different languages, including Galician. Interestingly, Galician uses quite a few Celtic loan words, due to the presence of Celtic peoples in NW Spain in antiquity.

My limited understanding is that Galician is basically Portuguese but using Castilian Spanish spelling. It's interesting that you say the ease of understanding only goes one way.
    Its the other way around, since Portuguese comes from them and in the very top north of Portugal the spoken Portuguese is very similar to Galician, that's why my interested and curiosity peaked. We even say Good Morning the same way: Bom Dia instead of Buenos Dias that how it's said in Castilian (what people call Spanish).

Its goes one way for a very basic reason. We dont Dub (or used to Dub? Movies or TV Shows, So everything was done in native language and with subtitles. This made us Portuguese always hear the native languages and also learn how to read fast. We were the only country in Europe doing it and as usual I went to research why. So during or 40 Dictatorship years Salazar the mother fucker that was ruling us decided that to protect our own Cinema and Culture from foreign "Invasion" all movies needed to be in native language and use subtitles. back then (and until around 1980's) half or more than half of Portugal population couldn't read or write so he though that way we would only see Portuguese made content. Without knowing he was IMO making us develop skills, so it was probably one of the good things that piece of shit did but not he wanted the exact opposite.

Iberian languages are fascinating, even though I don't speak any of them. Many linguists classify various Spanish "dialects" as actually different languages, including Galician. Interestingly, Galician uses quite a few Celtic loan words, due to the presence of Celtic peoples in NW Spain in antiquity.
    Notice that "Spain" was really never a country but a region full of Kingdoms that Castella conquered. And even today Spain is not united. You have Madrid (Castella) and then several regions that basically fight for Independence in one way or the other, such as Cataluna (Barcelona being the most known city), Basque Region having Bilbao and where they have this dialect that sounds like Russian and even the Alphabet is weird AF. Then you have Andalusia region with cities like Sevilla, Granada, Malaga. Last but not least Gallicia with Coruna, Vigo, Santiago Compostela etc. Ask people from any of those regions and they will most certain say they would love to be Independent from Madrid, Cataluna being the most vocal about it and even making Illegal (to Central Madrid) Referendums that resulted in pure violent chaos 2-3 years ago in Barcelona.

We Portuguese descend from the Lusitans, in fact we are still called Lusitans to this day and we gave the Romans a really hard time. Our Sheppard leader named Viriato manage to reunite all Tribes to fight Rome was only defeated by treason. We fought guerrilla style before it even existed, trapping Romans in Valleys and crushing them with rocks. Theres a famous Roman general sentence stating : In Lusitania there are this people that dont rule themselves but dont allowed to be ruled. He was talking about our ancestors

Sorry for the totally OT

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    I just like to say Kiko Loureiro over and over, great player for sure but man that name just rolls off the tongue so smooth.. Kiko Loureiro ... unlike mine
    Kiko Loureiro is the most over the top "FLAMBOYANT MALE HARIDRESSER" name ever. Like, "Honey.......these split ends are a TRAVESTY" levels of flamboyant male hairdresser.