Kiko Loureiro new tune featuring Marty Friedman - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kiko Loureiro new tune featuring Marty Friedman

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post

Its goes one way for a very basic reason. We dont Dub (or used to Dub? Movies or TV Shows, So everything was done in native language and with subtitles. This made us Portuguese always hear the native languages and also learn how to read fast. We were the only country in Europe doing it and as usual I went to research why.
    Nothing has ever been dubbed in Finland or the other Nordic countries either (except children's shows)
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Nothing has ever been dubbed in Finland or the other Nordic countries either (except children's shows)
    Oh that's really nice to know

Because in Spain, Italy and France everything is dubbed... trying to watch a non Dubbed movie at the cinema in France is sometimes really hard. It's getting better but still...

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    My limited understanding is that Galician is basically Portuguese but using Castilian Spanish spelling. It's interesting that you say the ease of understanding only goes one way.

Iberian languages are fascinating, even though I don't speak any of them. Many linguists classify various Spanish "dialects" as actually different languages, including Galician. Interestingly, Galician uses quite a few Celtic loan words, due to the presence of Celtic peoples in NW Spain in antiquity.
    You can also argue that different languages are only dialects as well.

This article makes an interesting point about how a long time ago before people started moving widely from place to place, dialects just gradually changed from village to village. You can sort of still see a clear continuum where Swedish changes to sounding a bit more Danish when you go further south (Swedish, Norwegian and Danish could pretty much be called dialects of the same language), then Dutch is sort of in between all the languages around there (like a mix of Danish, German and English almost). It makes a similar point about the Romance languages, but I used the languages I know better as an example.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...ialect/424704/

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

This thread.

ME: RG550
    Rig: Axe-Fx Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    You can also argue that different languages are only dialects as well.

This article makes an interesting point about how a long time ago before people started moving widely from place to place, dialects just gradually changed from village to village. You can sort of still see a clear continuum where Swedish changes to sounding a bit more Danish when you go further south (Swedish, Norwegian and Danish could pretty much be called dialects of the same language), then Dutch is sort of in between all the languages around there (like a mix of Danish, German and English almost). It makes a similar point about the Romance languages, but I used the languages I know better as an example.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...ialect/424704/
    The Scandinavian languages are diverging though, and mutual intelligibility is starting to fade, especially with regards to spoken Danish (although to be fair, Danish is deteriorating to the point where even Danish speakers themselves can’t understand each other ).

I think the biggest problem for Swedish and Danish speakers (and other foreigners as well) when it comes to understanding Norwegian is that we are very proud of our dialects here, and most people are very reluctant to switch to the Standard East Norwegian that is spoken in the Oslo area which is considered to be the standard language of sorts.

Norwegian dialects aren’t really that different grammatically, but they have very distinct melodies/intonations that can be difficult to get the hang of, and for me personally it feels very unnatural to switch it around, although I do change some little things whenever I go to Sweden or something. Here's a video detailing Norwegian coastal dialects; most of you probably won't understand a single word from it, but I think you should be able to distinguish between the main dialect groups.

A little more on topic, Kiko seems to be hanging around in Finland atm judging by his recent SoMe posts; I know he's been there a lot as he has a Finnish wife, and I think they also have a couple of kids together that were born in Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This thread.
    That's the beauty of this forum. To me feels more like a hangout place where we meet and discuss Guitars, Amps, Pickups and Music, then after a few virtual beers we dwell in whatever

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Esse é um homem muito bonito.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action