Max Ostro. Have you guys seen this kid? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Max Ostro. Have you guys seen this kid?

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    That's fine, he's just no more boring than Pete Thorn, Andy James or Rick Graham, all of which are old guys that get dick ridden by other old guys (of which I'll gladly include myself).
    All he needs is pre-distressed jeans and HDR lighting, maybe some light boxes or a beauty influencer lighting ring. Throw in some glamour muscles and an earring and now you're talking.

His schtick is kind of awkward. On one hand the novelty is he's from Russia, on the other hand, he's using the fact he's from Russia to culturally appropriate shitty light muzak shred jazz licks of the US and the UK.

Culturally appropriating something cool is one thing, but culturally appropriating something shitty is just bizarre.

Although I did learn about the Russian knock off Kiesel. https://inspectorguitars.ru/all-guitars

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Also, youtube decided to autoplay a bunch of kiesel entries after max ostro's entry was done, because we live in a cruel and uncaring universe, and I have to say....

......I am way more into the Indonesian dude using toilet paper rolls as monitor stands.

That is next level.

Max Ostro is cool and I wish him all the best, but toilet paper roll monitor stand guy is next level.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Toilet paper monitor stands = plush tones
    Argbadh - RHLC©

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Also, youtube decided to autoplay a bunch of kiesel entries after max ostro's entry was done, because we live in a cruel and uncaring universe, and I have to say....

......I am way more into the Indonesian dude using toilet paper rolls as monitor stands.

That is next level.

Max Ostro is cool and I wish him all the best, but toilet paper roll monitor stand guy is next level.

dampens vibration, cheap and puts monitors at proper height. WIN!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I have a hard time grouping a 15 year old kid from Russia that plays Malmsteen and Paul Gilbert cover in with "Yar, kids these days don't know how to write good music!".

I dunno about some of you salty guys sometimes
    Thats not what I said

I enjoy watching this guys videos

What I was saying was: he should write songs if he dont wanna be a meme for a while for his covers+haircut

He has an awesome haircut but it's definitely part of why he's getting shared. People like things that stands out in various ways.

Armless guy playing the exact same thing with his toes as somebody with regular arms plays? You bet the armless guy will get 500% more shares.

I'm not even putting a value into this, it's just how the world works

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

Cheap? Those toilet paper rolls are worth more than an AXE FX now.