Great White continuing to have concerts with a body count - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great White continuing to have concerts with a body count

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Eh, not sure a lol smiley is really appropriate here dude.
    Also, as horrible as COVID-19 is, I don't think Great White has enough of a fanbase that a 1% to 5% fatality rate (I think it's under 1% considering that recent studies estimate that 35% of cases are asymptomatic) is going to surpass the 100 deaths in that 2003 nightclub fire. But even so, the point of the OP is true. Doing this is likely to keep racking up a body count as a result of their live shows. They may have a different manager now, but it seems that the bad decisions just keep on coming.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

He seems like a nice guy, but his voice is as exciting as yesterday's warmed-up ham

ME: Ibanez S970CW
    Rig: 6505+ Head and Cab

Leftover ham is better than no ham leon
    "I'm really not going to change to something else just because SSD4 fucks with my ass right now."

- Rocka_Rollas

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    And I had to google what all of this Killing Great White thing... had no idea about it.
    I remember when that awful fire happened, and I remember discussing with my bandmates at the time certain venues we would no longer play in town because they were similar death traps.

At the same time, it's a great argument against having that Auralex stuff up on your walls in your studio room. Massive fire hazard, and foam like that is why the venue GW played at went up in flames so quickly.

ME: Ibanez PGM100
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: 5150III

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Can you get us the name of his dentist? His teeth are right up there with Kip's.

Right?

ME: Boden 6

That looks really bad, seems like the US has a very high proportion of stupid people. I expect the Darwin Awards are going to be wild this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    Also, as horrible as COVID-19 is, I don't think Great White has enough of a fanbase that a 1% to 5% fatality rate (I think it's under 1% considering that recent studies estimate that 35% of cases are asymptomatic) is going to surpass the 100 deaths in that 2003 nightclub fire. But even so, the point of the OP is true. Doing this is likely to keep racking up a body count as a result of their live shows. They may have a different manager now, but it seems that the bad decisions just keep on coming.
    Viral load seems to be an important factor with regards to the illness you develop, so standing that close together would be very unwise if someone is yelling and shedding virus left and right, although they were outside. Looks like the median age of the audience was fairly high as well...

ME: Jackson CS KE2
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    At the same time, it's a great argument against having that Auralex stuff up on your walls in your studio room. Massive fire hazard, and foam like that is why the venue GW played at went up in flames so quickly.
    Well yeah, that and using pyrotechnics in a venue not legally allowed to use them. Crazy how bad the evacuation setup was as well
    call me on 911 (USA) or 999 (UK) for poser disposal services

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I remember when that awful fire happened, and I remember discussing with my bandmates at the time certain venues we would no longer play in town because they were similar death traps.

Crooks actually noted that when I was getting sound treatments for my old studio. There are types that you can get that are fire resistant. The cheaper stuff tends not to be.