Interesting Exodus themed interview with Kirk Hammet

Thread: Interesting Exodus themed interview with Kirk Hammet

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Interesting Exodus themed interview with Kirk Hammet

Man, how I loved Bonded By Blood when it came out - still think it has some of the best thrash riffs ever. And, how I never quite understood how Exodus didn't capitalize on their momentum the way Anthrax, Testament, Slayer and others did...

Read it here.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I love Exodus, but I think their vocalist is/was/has always been just a little too thrash-y for them to really go mainstream. Overkill is the same way.

Having grown up cranking all those nasaly vocals, I'm used to them, but I can understand why a lot of people can't get past it.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

The drugs and the record company lawsuit pretty much made them miss out on the 1st wave, or it would be the Big 5. I've still never really understood what went on with Torrid records as far as them getting out of the contract, but with over two years between "Bonded" (which came out late anyway) and "Pleasures", it basically killed their momentum. It looked like "Fabulous Disaster" was going to fix that, but the followup (without Hunting, who's crucial to their sound) was a bad copy of it, and by that time the thrash bandwagon had lost momentum.