Reverb increasing fee from 3.5% to 5%... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reverb increasing fee from 3.5% to 5%...

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

I sold all of my gear last year before I moved back to Japan and the vast majority of it, I sold on Reverb, which I had never used before that point. I remember being blown away when I saw their ridiculously huge fee the first time. To think that they've increased it by a whopping 1.5% since then... If it had been at that point, I just would've found some other place to sell the gear (eBay or whatever). Obviously I wouldn't expect the fee to be 0%, but 5% is INSANE. And I thought 3.5% was pretty bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

I like the shopping experience better on Reverb than on eBay, but Reverb makes it almost impossible to keep track of selling prices (probably on purpose). Guys list guitars on Reverb for silly inflated asking prices, and you can't get a good feel for what a given guitar is actually selling for. Particularly the higher value items.

For smaller stuff, like pickups, I prefer selling on eBay and tend to look there first as a buyer. I don't want to list a $50 item and then wait for six months to sell it. The 7-day auction format tends to spur offers and purchases. Since Reverb is jacking fees, their advantage over eBay for this stuff disappears.

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Sold an amp via reverb and that was it. Kijiji and Facebook have been good to me. I wonder if there will be more ads there now that this hike is coming up?

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'd be ok with this if their search wasn't god awful.

ME: n/a
    Rig: n/a

Between shipping and fees, I always figured I lost about 8% selling through Reverb. Now that's 10%, which sucks, but still better than selling locally.

Where I live, most guys want everything for free or want to trade their Death Metal pedal for your amplifier. Reverb allows you to get some actual cash out of it.

Having said that I've had good experiences with Reverb, I also wonder whether the company took a bath on the whole "vinyl LP sales" bit. They pushed that for months, not as much now, and they're raising rates.
    Words I didn't say hurt my feelers... but this is my safe space.

Reverb used prices are already kinda ridiculous were most of the times its like new prices... now they will be Used with new prices + 5%

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Reverb used prices are already kinda ridiculous were most of the times its like new prices... now they will be Used with new prices + 5%
    with local pickup only as well.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    with local pickup only as well.
    Or $350 shipping and handling for the Death Metal pedal you didn't want to trade for your amp in the first place.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.