How did I not love BTBAM before?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did I not love BTBAM before?

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

How did I not love BTBAM before?

I've checked these guys out for years and never got into them until about 2 weeks ago. No clue why I didn't dig them right away, but I'm loving them now!

The Dream Theater influence is rather apparent, but fine with me since it reminds me more of older DT than the past 20 years of their catalog. Big fan of the vocals since they span everything I love in metal; the more operatic/clean stuff, screaming and lots of AIC-influenced harmonies.

Great shit!
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RG3120
    MA: Breedlove Pursuit Concert
    MB: Dingwall NG-2
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Road King

One of my favorites. Tons of stuff to dive into! I think my favorites are probably Colors and Coma Ecliptic, but everything they've done is pretty awesome IMO

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

I od'd on music like this about 10 years ago but still enjoy the back catalogue. I've found their more recent stuff enjoyable but not as memorable as stuff like zll bodies on alaska or the majority of colours

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

I used to listen to Alaska some but havent listened to them in a very long time. May have to give them a whirl again.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

Oh yeah, I love BTBAM. They get a lot of hate for some reason, but I think they're great. Automata kind of sucked, but Great Misdirect - Coma Ecliptic is an amazing run of albums.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

.... they gave me shit for posting BTBAM vids in the What are you listening to thread a few years ago. Damn H8rs lol
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

https://youtu.be/dM8WjgRA6o8

If you haven't seen it already, I thoroughly recommend watching the full show of this, absolutely amazing.

I was into them around Colors time then didn't listen for many years, in the last few years they've become one of my absolute favourites.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Been listening to them since 2006 or so and have 7 or 8 of their albums. All of them are great. My favorite album of theirs is probably Colors, but they have a lot of good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I od'd on music like this about 10 years ago but still enjoy the back catalogue. I've found their more recent stuff enjoyable but not as memorable as stuff like zll bodies on alaska or the majority of colours
    Their recent stuff is a little more difficult to get into at first, but it's ridiculously catchy once you start getting into it. Such as this one off of 2018's Automata I.

Maybe it's just me, but I am suddenly hearing nu metal type influences in Tommy's vocals, but not on their stuff from 2002-2010 or whatever, but from their stuff from 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    Oh yeah, I love BTBAM. They get a lot of hate for some reason, but I think they're great. Automata kind of sucked, but Great Misdirect - Coma Ecliptic is an amazing run of albums.
    I actually think Automata is a lot better than The Great Misdirect. That's personally one of my least favorite albums of theirs.