New Avatar vids - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Avatar vids

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I dig all three I'm surprised they're getting so much resistance. The 'Avatar Country' stuff seemed like a much greater departure from 'their sound' and got a pretty warm welcome. I thought one of the big appeals of Avatar was how much their sound evolves.
    I don't mean to resist . Clearly they're enjoying some amount of success doing what their doing. And, I sense the evolution, it just hasn't evolved into something I'd sit down to listen to, or buy a ticket to go see, yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    I bought an Avatar album quite a while back, and I have such mixed feelings about them as a band. When they do the melodic death metal thing, they tend to do it pretty well. But when they're doing this almost circus music metal, it just feels... mediocre or stupid. I do love a lot of avant-garde metal and progressive metal is arguably my favorite genre, but the musical / carny stuff just... I don't see the appeal. Granted, of the music videos I've seen and the album I bought, there are good parts and good songs, but... eh...
    I am the opposite. I like the creativity in the circus metal thing they do a lot better than the boring generic death metal stuff.

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

I had not heard of these guys before.

Neat concept and probably fun to see live but not something I would go out of my way to listen to.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Svend View Post
    I am the opposite. I like the creativity in the circus metal thing they do a lot better than the boring generic death metal stuff.
    How do you like the new stuff?

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I’m just a sucker for catchy shit. If it’s not catchy, then it’s gotta get my head moving.

I love the fact that they progress and change with each album, I’m just not a fan of the direction they’ve been going. I’ll still buy the album and go see them live. To be fair, I only gave each song one listen the day the videos went up and most of my favorite music I did not dig on the first listen.

If every album had one song as badass as this one, I’d be a happy camper.

When I first got into them, I hadn’t realized they’d been around a while and touring their asses off. They’ve certainly worked for their success and deserve every bit of it. They don’t take themselves too seriously at all, which I love. So though the last album wasn’t a favorite of mine and the new stuff isn’t getting me going (yet), I’m still a big fan of the band and will continue to support them.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

I thought these tracks sounded more like the old stuff than Avatar Country. AC was starting to get into a weird indie hard rock thing, this these three tracks sound more like a metal band again and I thought the hooks were memorable

To each their own, though.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

The whole album is out and I gave it a listen last night.....there's some GREAT shit on here!

You get great little nuggets here and there and several killer fucking songs. "Wormhole" is just sick....the whammy bar rhythms are badass, then it pops into a chorus that reminds me of Angel Dust era Faith No More.

This tune "Gun" has an obvious hat nod to Nine Inch Nails and this one hit a little close to home right now.

The songs I wasn't digging before, I'm digging now. It's always just a section that gets me hooked. Listening to the album in it's entirety made it a bit easier to digest.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    The whole album is out and I gave it a listen last night.....there's some GREAT shit on here!

You get great little nuggets here and there and several killer fucking songs. "Wormhole" is just sick....the whammy bar rhythms are badass, then it pops into a chorus that reminds me of Angel Dust era Faith No More.

The riffs are super cool! The chorus I am on the fence about.