New Avatar vids - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Avatar vids

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I dig all three I'm surprised they're getting so much resistance. The 'Avatar Country' stuff seemed like a much greater departure from 'their sound' and got a pretty warm welcome. I thought one of the big appeals of Avatar was how much their sound evolves.
    I don't mean to resist . Clearly they're enjoying some amount of success doing what their doing. And, I sense the evolution, it just hasn't evolved into something I'd sit down to listen to, or buy a ticket to go see, yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    I bought an Avatar album quite a while back, and I have such mixed feelings about them as a band. When they do the melodic death metal thing, they tend to do it pretty well. But when they're doing this almost circus music metal, it just feels... mediocre or stupid. I do love a lot of avant-garde metal and progressive metal is arguably my favorite genre, but the musical / carny stuff just... I don't see the appeal. Granted, of the music videos I've seen and the album I bought, there are good parts and good songs, but... eh...
    I am the opposite. I like the creativity in the circus metal thing they do a lot better than the boring generic death metal stuff.

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

I had not heard of these guys before.

Neat concept and probably fun to see live but not something I would go out of my way to listen to.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Svend View Post
    I am the opposite. I like the creativity in the circus metal thing they do a lot better than the boring generic death metal stuff.
    How do you like the new stuff?

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I’m just a sucker for catchy shit. If it’s not catchy, then it’s gotta get my head moving.

I love the fact that they progress and change with each album, I’m just not a fan of the direction they’ve been going. I’ll still buy the album and go see them live. To be fair, I only gave each song one listen the day the videos went up and most of my favorite music I did not dig on the first listen.

If every album had one song as badass as this one, I’d be a happy camper.

When I first got into them, I hadn’t realized they’d been around a while and touring their asses off. They’ve certainly worked for their success and deserve every bit of it. They don’t take themselves too seriously at all, which I love. So though the last album wasn’t a favorite of mine and the new stuff isn’t getting me going (yet), I’m still a big fan of the band and will continue to support them.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

I thought these tracks sounded more like the old stuff than Avatar Country. AC was starting to get into a weird indie hard rock thing, this these three tracks sound more like a metal band again and I thought the hooks were memorable

To each their own, though.
    Argbadh - RHLC©