2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I must say, I haven’t dug these tunes right off the bat, nor did I dig much of anything on the last one, which is a bummer, because the two albums prior I fucking LOVE. I’ll revisit to see if I change my mind. I’ve been in a really odd mood musically lately and have been finding most things to not sit well immediately, I think my brain is just kind of mushed out.

I’ll definitely go see these guys anytime they’re around. Killer showmanship all the way around and it’s pretty cool seeing the success they’ve busted ass for.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

That second track kinda reminded me of Bombus.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    I must say, I haven’t dug these tunes right off the bat, nor did I dig much of anything on the last one, which is a bummer, because the two albums prior I fucking LOVE. I’ll revisit to see if I change my mind. I’ve been in a really odd mood musically lately and have been finding most things to not sit well immediately, I think my brain is just kind of mushed out.

I’ll definitely go see these guys anytime they’re around. Killer showmanship all the way around and it’s pretty cool seeing the success they’ve busted ass for.
    Yeah,I pretty much had the same reaction of meh

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

I bought an Avatar album quite a while back, and I have such mixed feelings about them as a band. When they do the melodic death metal thing, they tend to do it pretty well. But when they're doing this almost circus music metal, it just feels... mediocre or stupid. I do love a lot of avant-garde metal and progressive metal is arguably my favorite genre, but the musical / carny stuff just... I don't see the appeal. Granted, of the music videos I've seen and the album I bought, there are good parts and good songs, but... eh...

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    I bought an Avatar album quite a while back, and I have such mixed feelings about them as a band. When they do the melodic death metal thing, they tend to do it pretty well. But when they're doing this almost circus music metal, it just feels... mediocre or stupid. I do love a lot of avant-garde metal and progressive metal is arguably my favorite genre, but the musical / carny stuff just... I don't see the appeal. Granted, of the music videos I've seen and the album I bought, there are good parts and good songs, but... eh...
    I saw them on a festival tour, and it was very Marylin Manson spooky parts mixed with Rammstein, IMO. The music is pretty forgettable, and the stage act is... well... an act

Truly, I have no positive things to say, here

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

I dig all three I'm surprised they're getting so much resistance. The 'Avatar Country' stuff seemed like a much greater departure from 'their sound' and got a pretty warm welcome. I thought one of the big appeals of Avatar was how much their sound evolves.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Phil Anselmo: WHITE POWER!
    Avatar: All flesh is equal when burnt!