2hr Bob Rock interview - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2hr Bob Rock interview

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    And hired a marketing team to shill his sophisticated neural network algorithm, perceiving sound akin to human perception, making it the most natural-sounding capture solution on the planet.
    Truth. The purest distillation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Most likely - It was/is Bob Rocks, given that he had such a success with John Sykes tone previously and he talks extensively here about collecting/cycling through amps to find 'the one'.
    This seems likely to me. Big name producers often have specific amps they know very well that they'll use in every session. Didn't that one modded Marshall from SIR make the rounds of every hair band album from the Eighties?

Since they recorded a zillion amps, I don't see why the 2 and 3 couldn't both be in there somewhere. Seems like overkill to me, since they were so similar in design, but there you go. Why not just go and spend ALL of Elektra's money looking for a specific guitar tone...

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    This seems likely to me. Big name producers often have specific amps they know very well that they'll use in every session. Didn't that one modded Marshall from SIR make the rounds of every hair band album from the Eighties?

Since they recorded a zillion amps, I don't see why the 2 and 3 couldn't both be in there somewhere. Seems like overkill to me, since they were so similar in design, but there you go. Why not just go and spend ALL of Elektra's money looking for a specific guitar tone...

I think that's the GnR JCM800 that Slash tried to 'lose and replace with another one'.

Most big producers (of the era where it was big money) watched guitar players wheeling in a ton of stuff, knowing full well that it wouldn't end up on the record that they were responsible for.