2hr Bob Rock interview - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2hr Bob Rock interview

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by NewWorldMan View Post
    You’re not kidding. James and Kirk have dropped some gems over the years. Countless times James has said he used 30W vintage speakers in reference to Vintage 30s (assuming the “30” meant 30W). My hands down favorite, though, was an interview with Kirk just after TBA was released saying he likes a “warm midi sound” in reference to his tone...
    The thing about Kirk is that he never really set out to be (or portray himself as) any kind of guitar hero/virtuoso. He's just a dude in a thrash band who likes to play fast. I don't think he really gives a shit what the gear was, he probably just makes up an answer every time someone asks him.

If he hadn't gone off the wah pedal deep end for the last 20 years, he wouldn't be such an easy target. I still think he's a hell of a player.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Man, this thread got funny.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    I've recently had to pick one or two really good impulses to play on and just sticking with them because otherwise my playing time is just

*chug chug chug*

*pick another impulse*

*chug chug chug*

*pick another impulse*

*never actually do any playing besides chugging*
    Over the weekend I got a bug up my ass while making a Recto preset in my AxeFX. I literally spent 8 hours Saturday and about 6 hours Sunday listening to different fucking IR’s. I just put a Looper block in the preset, played the riff once and listened to that fucking loop for hours...and hours. I was actively aware of the time I was wasting, knowing I had a more-than-usable tone already....but it didn’t matter. The evil IR spirits had me hook, line and sinker.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    The thing about Kirk is that he never really set out to be (or portray himself as) any kind of guitar hero/virtuoso. He's just a dude in a thrash band who likes to play fast. I don't think he really gives a shit what the gear was, he probably just makes up an answer every time someone asks him.

If he hadn't gone off the wah pedal deep end for the last 20 years, he wouldn't be such an easy target. I still think he's a hell of a player.
    Hell, I don’t even mind his wah abuse. A couple years ago, Kirk was playing his parts pretty damn well. He still could be, I just haven’t paid much attention. Really, Lars falls in this category as well. The dude never said he wanted to be a great drummer, he just wanted to be in the biggest metal band in the world. I might chuckle at his fuck ups and lack of consistency on occasion, but at the end of the day, Lars and Kirk get to laugh more than anyone else.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    Hell, I don’t even mind his wah abuse. A couple years ago, Kirk was playing his parts pretty damn well. He still could be, I just haven’t paid much attention. Really, Lars falls in this category as well. The dude never said he wanted to be a great drummer, he just wanted to be in the biggest metal band in the world. I might chuckle at his fuck ups and lack of consistency on occasion, but at the end of the day, Lars and Kirk get to laugh more than anyone else.
    His wah abuse is god awful and inexcusable man.

Lars is the douche who spearheaded the effort to sue their fans, so he can eat shit.