Phil X - Going Down The Rabbit Hole of UNCHAINED - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phil X - Going Down The Rabbit Hole of UNCHAINED

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Totally fits, yeah. I'm sure there's more out there but one interview that stands out is his one with Pete Thorn, basically reminiscing about being stand-in/hired gun/weekend warrior all across dives in Canada for 20 years before he ended up on anybody's radar. A lot of those guys doing cover gigs get some flak (much of which is deserved) but the portfolio of music you need to know and the amount of times you need to work around playing songs written for a 5 or 6 piece band and playing it with three guys, yeah, you gotta have chops and ability to improvise to keep getting decent gigs.
    Good call. I'm not a big fan of Pete Thorn the Youtuber who bounces around endorsements like he's the guitarist in Fear Factory, but Pete Thorn the guitar player is talented as all holy hell.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Gibson Les Paul
    Rig: Katana

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Very true. There's also a healthy chunk of Jimmy Page worship in there too.
    That phone theremin thing he does in Whole Lotta Love is cool as shit. I've always tried to do it with a wah and zippo for a slide, and there's maybe a couple times where it sounded good.

ME: '03 Gibson LPC
    MA: Taylor 214ce
    MB: '89 Spector NS2
    Rig: Ceriatone AH50/Mesa 212

I love watching Phil X.... his energy and passion is infectious. Not to mention he's ridiculously talented.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

And then there's this to pay the Bills:

Apart from the message... man this totally sucks I'm even WTF is this?

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post

It's Bon Jovi dude. It's a huge high profile dream gig that any session player on earth would love to have. The tune is generic and throwaway but who cares? Here's Phil playing a packed Wembley stadium last year. Jump to 5 minutes, he's shredding to 50-60,000 people with their lighters out. Think of how elated he had to be at that moment:

Don't get me wrong, that JBJ song sucks but Phil's doing a lot more than just grinding it out to pay the bills with his current gig. I'd have to say he's having the time of his life.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

WTF happened to his voice? This is absolutely horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    It's Bon Jovi dude. It's a huge high profile dream gig that any session player on earth would love to have. The tune is generic and throwaway but who cares? Here's Phil playing a packed Wembley stadium last year. Jump to 5 minutes, he's shredding to 50-60,000 people with their lighters out. Think of how elated he had to be at that moment:

Don't get me wrong, that JBJ song sucks but Phil's doing a lot more than just grinding it out to pay the bills with his current gig. I'd have to say he's having the time of his life.
    Ohhh I wasn't referring to Phil. It's the song... it's awful... I haven't listen to BonJovi in decades but this was totally unexpected on how bad in the correct and true meaning of the word it is, at least to me.

ME: Gibson Les Paul
    Rig: Katana

But on the other hand, there's one of the sickest rock songs of all time.

Plus the paycheck is good enough to put up with playing Living on a Prayer everynight.