2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    It's Bon Jovi dude. It's a huge high profile dream gig that any session player on earth would love to have. The tune is generic and throwaway but who cares? Here's Phil playing a packed Wembley stadium last year. Jump to 5 minutes, he's shredding to 50-60,000 people with their lighters out. Think of how elated he had to be at that moment:

Don't get me wrong, that JBJ song sucks but Phil's doing a lot more than just grinding it out to pay the bills with his current gig. I'd have to say he's having the time of his life.
    I realized a long time back when watching AGT or American Idol, whatever it was, something that hadn't really dawned on me because I was so dead set on making it as a guitarist in an original band, but some people just like playing an instrument or singing, regardless if it's an original or someone else wrote it. It made me remember the early years of playing where you're just so stoked to play anything that sounds cool or familiar and it really made me realize that I, too, really loved just playing guitar regardless of what I was playing. I lean on that to pull me out of slumps from time to time.

None of these killer players got where they were without loving the shit out of playing guitar, I think it's fair to say these gigs are nothing but a giant win for these guys all around.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: Gibson Les Paul
    Rig: Katana

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    I realized a long time back when watching AGT or American Idol, whatever it was, something that hadn't really dawned on me because I was so dead set on making it as a guitarist in an original band, but some people just like playing an instrument or singing, regardless if it's an original or someone else wrote it. It made me remember the early years of playing where you're just so stoked to play anything that sounds cool or familiar and it really made me realize that I, too, really loved just playing guitar regardless of what I was playing. I lean on that to pull me out of slumps from time to time.

None of these killer players got where they were without loving the shit out of playing guitar, I think it's fair to say these gigs are nothing but a giant win for these guys all around.
    I get that.

I have a whole list of songs, I couldn't tell you the last time I listened to the song because it's not that good, but I play the song everytime I pick up a guitar because it's so much goddamn fun to play, compared to how many songs I like that I've never learned because they're not that much fun to play. I mean, hell, I was shitting on Living on a Prayer, but it's still a fun song to play.