Ola interviews Petrucci - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ola interviews Petrucci

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Heck, we both test out gear exactly the same way, if it doesn't chug it probably won't do!
    That's probably true for most of us. And, why I watch Ola's vids before anyone else's. Definitely not ashamed to admit he put the Marshal DSL1 on my radar and now that I own one I feel like I owe him a thanks - it definitely chugs. Happy to see him succeed.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, I was really nervous of this moment, but I'm happy I just let it go and just went full on fan girl without shame. What the fuck man it's JOHN PETRUCCI! THE legend...
    16 year old Ola will live good on this for a while.

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

You mean 16 year old Englund Jr..

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Ola Englund View Post
    Thanks guys, I was really nervous of this moment, but I'm happy I just let it go and just went full on fan girl without shame. What the fuck man it's JOHN PETRUCCI! THE legend...
    16 year old Ola will live good on this for a while.
    What's extra super duper awesome is that people react that way when they meet you now dude.

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    What's extra super duper awesome is that people react that way when they meet you now dude.
    This is true!

Ola, I completely resonate with you when it comes to meeting John Petrucci. I had never ever met him, last year after the show, I stood out and waited.
    When I saw him I completely lost all train of though. No pun intended. When came up, he chatted with me, we had a discussion about guitars and what have you. Plus he signed the back of my JP13 on the headstock. It was one of the greatest moments of my life and he was very attentive. My girlfriend at the time even noticed it, she was like, he was actually listening to you and wanted to hear everything you had to say. She laughed and smiled how shocked I became because she had never seen me like that before. I had never been that way in my life even when I met Steve Vai, Michael Romeo, Alex Skolnick or Sir Russell Allen. Though I did get pretty wound up when I got 3/5 of Savatage to take a photo with me.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

This is true!

Ola, I completely resonate with you when it comes to meeting John Petrucci. I had never ever met him, last year after the show, I stood out and waited.
    When I saw him I completely lost all train of though. No pun intended. When came up, he chatted with me, we had a discussion about guitars and what have you. Plus he signed the back of my JP13 on the headstock. It was one of the greatest moments of my life and he was very attentive. My girlfriend at the time even noticed it, she was like, he was actually listening to you and wanted to hear everything you had to say. She laughed and smiled how shocked I became because she had never seen me like that before. I had never been that way in my life even when I met Steve Vai, Richie Kotzen, Michael Romeo, Alex Skolnick or Sir Russell Allen. Though I did get pretty wound up when I got 3/5 of Savatage to take a photo with me.

Congrats Ola, you deserve it. All the work was worth that moment alone. You have the respect of one of you Hero's.

This is true!

When I saw him I completely lost all train of though. No pun intended. When came up, he chatted with me, we had a discussion about guitars and what have you. Plus he signed the back of my JP13 on the headstock. It was one of the greatest moments of my life and he was very attentive. My girlfriend at the time even noticed it, she was like, he was actually listening to you and wanted to hear everything you had to say. She laughed and smiled how shocked I became because she had never seen me like that before. She was awesome enough to even film him signing my guitar. I had never been that way in my life even when I met Steve Vai, Richie Kotzen, Michael Romeo, Alex Skolnick or Sir Russell Allen. Though I did get pretty wound up when I got 3/5 of Savatage to take a photo with me.

Congrats Ola, you deserve it. All the work was worth that moment alone. You have the respect of one of you Hero's.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Shit, you guys should have seen me when I met Vai at the height of my fanboyism. I was 16 or 17 and rushed the poor guy as he was getting out of a cab, then again when he stepped into the box office at Irving Plaza. It was because of that interaction with him that I realized he was just a dude who spent a LOT of time playing guitar and doing his own thing, his talent didn't come from being superhuman. That was a life-changing experience just because of that.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.