Mastodon- Rufus Lives ("Bill & Ted Face The Music")
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mastodon- Rufus Lives ("Bill & Ted Face The Music")

Mastodon- Rufus Lives ("Bill & Ted Face The Music")

Mastodon Track also released:

I totally dig it in fact I have no clue on how this band "escaped" me for so long...

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Wow, if not for the chorus, this could totally be a Sevendust song.

Definitely check out some more Mastodon. I love where they’ve gone since their early days as now they’re essentially a 70’s prog-rock band with better production. Occasionally they still get into some of their more caveman-like origins. There’s really nothing I don’t dig about these guys.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

I know about them for 10 years or so but never really listened properly then with Emperor something clicked in me and I just really enjoy them. Im not a true from the Beginning fan but I care less about it ahaha, same with DT I only really enjoy the latest DT's albums, especially the last one that I think its really good and for most of you its not even DT anymore

Only thing I regret now is having missing Mastodon Live when they played in Lisbon for more than one time.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

This song kinda stinks

But yeah, the early hardcore Mastodon can be cool sometimes, but I tend to stick to their more "songy" material, which basically started with The Hunter.

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    Wow, if not for the chorus, this could totally be a Sevendust song.
    No shit, it sounds like something on Animosity. Like Tits on a Boar with different drumming.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    No shit, it sounds like something on Animosity. Like Tits on a Boar with different drumming.
    Right?! I can totally hear Morgan coming in with his screamy voice in that pre-chorus. They also dropped a new song today.

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    I know about them for 10 years or so but never really listened properly then with Emperor something clicked in me and I just really enjoy them. Im not a true from the Beginning fan but I care less about it ahaha, same with DT I only really enjoy the latest DT's albums, especially the last one that I think its really good and for most of you its not even DT anymore

Only thing I regret now is having missing Mastodon Live when they played in Lisbon for more than one time.
    Oh, man....do yourself a favor and dig into Awake, A Change of Seasons and Scenes From A Memory. Normally I'd suggest Images And Words, but it might be a bit too dated to get into if you're digging their newer stuff. FWIW, I really dug the newest DT, it was easily my favorite thing they've done since Train Of Thought.

I'm not the biggest fan of early Mastodon, it wasn't until they started getting a bit more melody/clean vocals in their songs that i started paying attention. I remember being really shitfaced in my old house in Massachusetts when the video for "Oblivion" came on and once Brann started singing I was hooked. There were actually 3 of us standing there talking and we just stopped and stared at the tv. Once the album came out it was the only thing you heard in the house and both my and my girlfriend's cars for the next year. It's one of the few albums I completely stopped listening to for a good 6 years because I listened to it so damn much in that one year.

Each album they've put out since I tend to like a little more than the last. The Hunter was a favorite for a while but quickly fell behind with Once More Around The Sun. When they put that out it was like a confirmation on where they were headed and stuff like "The Motherload", "High Road" and "Ember City" with those fucking vocal hooks, man....I never get sick of those songs. Emperor Of Sand came out during a rather depressed point in my life, we had just lost our dog unexpectedly and with the theme of death on that record, it hit pretty hard. I was also in the midst of this overly self-analytical stage and "Roots Remain" became my theme song for a while.

ME: Gibson Les Paul Std
    Rig: Orange OR120

Crack The Skye Mastodon is best Mastodon. It is known.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by petereanima View Post
    Crack The Skye King's X is best King's X. It is known.
    FTFY
    Argbadh - RHLC©