Mustaine wrote a book about making the greatest thrash album ever: "Rust In Peace." - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mustaine wrote a book about making the greatest thrash album ever: "Rust In Peace."

This thread is a trainwreck. OP was right and every argument spawned thereafter proves it.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by BStobart View Post
    An album is a whole other art form and it's made the way it's meant to be listened to. Track order and having all of them there is mega important. Skipping songs is like cutting a fraction out of a painting.
    Someday when you have a real job, and perhaps even a woman who lets you see her naked, you'll find it a lot more difficult to get the time to listen to an entire album front to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    This thread is a trainwreck. OP was right and every argument spawned thereafter proves it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Of course, the real answer is not mentioned, even by me:

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

The first two Megadeth albums have a great fucked-up quality about them that overcomes the flaws. The music became more calculated after that, even though I really enjoy RIP.

I guess I now prefer thrash that still has raw energy to it. The more polished records of the early '90s hold less appeal for me now, even though the playing and production are at a higher level.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    The first two Megadeth albums have a great fucked-up quality about them that overcomes the flaws. The music became more calculated after that, even though I really enjoy RIP.

I guess I now prefer thrash that still has raw energy to it. The more polished records of the early '90s hold less appeal for me now, even though the playing and production are at a higher level.
    All of this. I remember thinking how angry those records where at the time compared to other stuff. A great time for heavy metal.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

In general, I never skip tracks when I listen to an album from start to finish. The exception, of course, is when the album has some bullshit track of 10 minutes of static or whatever (or that really annoying trend that was especially common in the 90s where the final track would have X minutes of silence after it before a so-called "hidden track" - absolute annoying garbage).

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Someday when you have a real job, and perhaps even a woman who lets you see her naked, you'll find it a lot more difficult to get the time to listen to an entire album front to back.
    Uh, what? So confused where the logic for this comes from? Why? How? What? When? Where? I mean, for one thing, I listen to multiple entire albums every single day WHILE I work.

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    Uh, what? So confused where the logic for this comes from? Why? How? What? When? Where? I mean, for one thing, I listen to multiple entire albums every single day WHILE I work.
    I'm so confused! Why? How? How can you possibly be confused by the notion of people not listening to music at work? I mean, for one thing, some people don't listen to music at work. Why don't you understand that? How can you possibly not realize that there are people who don't listen to music at work? I mean, I don't see how you can get confused by people not listening to music at work, which would mean they don't have time to listen to listen to entire albume. What?!

Am I naren-ing right?