Mustaine wrote a book about making the greatest thrash album ever: "Rust In Peace." - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mustaine wrote a book about making the greatest thrash album ever: "Rust In Peace."

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    I'm so confused! Why? How? How can you possibly be confused by the notion of people not listening to music at work? I mean, for one thing, some people don't listen to music at work. Why don't you understand that? How can you possibly not realize that there are people who don't listen to music at work? I mean, I don't see how you can get confused by people not listening to music at work, which would mean they don't have time to listen to listen to entire albume. What?!

Am I naren-ing right?
    No, you are not. But you are allowed to try again.

Hint: Your statement was not that "some people don't listen to music at work" but that "if you have a real job, you cannot listen to entire albums at work." (whereas programmers and web designers, for example, are people who tend to typically listen to music all day long while working, despite being "real jobs" no matter how you look at them)

And yes, I do know you weren't being entirely serious with the whole "and perhaps even a woman who lets you see her naked" ball busting of Mr. BS himself, but still.

And even if you're in a position where you can't listen to music at work and are dating or married to a woman who hates music and won't let you listen to any in her presence, I'd assume you could at least listen to albums on your commute to work (or any time you're alone in your car) or while exercising.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    This thread is a trainwreck. OP was right and every argument spawned thereafter proves it.
    Randy is always a God-send.

Truth but it is fairly entertaining.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

I still listen to albums quite regularly at home. Although, while my girlfriend is home Megadeth is strictly banned (she somehow hates them with a passion) and any fast metal is pretty much too. So I'm limited to the less heavy stuff and doom metal (with clean vocals).
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    The first two Megadeth albums have a great fucked-up quality about them that overcomes the flaws. The music became more calculated after that, even though I really enjoy RIP.

I guess I now prefer thrash that still has raw energy to it. The more polished records of the early '90s hold less appeal for me now, even though the playing and production are at a higher level.
    That's something that always brings me back to Kill'Em All. It just has a push that isn't really there from AJFA and after.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    No, you are not. But you are allowed to try again.

Hint: Your statement was not that "some people don't listen to music at work" but that "if you have a real job, you cannot listen to entire albums at work." (whereas programmers and web designers, for example, are people who tend to typically listen to music all day long while working, despite being "real jobs" no matter how you look at them)

And yes, I do know you weren't being entirely serious with the whole "and perhaps even a woman who lets you see her naked" ball busting of Mr. BS himself, but still.

And even if you're in a position where you can't listen to music at work and are dating or married to a woman who hates music and won't let you listen to any in her presence, I'd assume you could at least listen to albums on your commute to work (or any time you're alone in your car) or while exercising.
    I'll have to leave you in your awe and your conclusions then because I don't really care enough to naren back and forth with you.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    I still listen to albums quite regularly at home. Although, while my girlfriend is home Megadeth is strictly banned (she somehow hates them with a passion) and any fast metal is pretty much too. So I'm limited to the less heavy stuff and doom metal (with clean vocals).
    Sounds like you're a Solitude Aeturnus household.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Sounds like you're a Solitude Aeturnus household.
    I approve of this statement. Sorcerer is also an acceptable answer.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by BStobart View Post
    I work for one of the world's biggest paid media companies, managing MASSIVE(!!!) budgets for an American insurance giant AND I listen to several albums a day, only pausing when I have to take a call or go to the loo. YOUR MOVE, CHRISTOPHER!!!

edit: AND ALSO: fun fact: you can put your stuff inside a naked woman while blasting def leppard's hysteria in its entirety, try it some time
    I, for one, am not prepared for the inevitability of tossing my batter at the same time as some greasy old man sings about someone pouring sugar on his feet.