What I've Been Working On Lately (my first songs in 8 years)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I've Been Working On Lately (my first songs in 8 years)

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

What I've Been Working On Lately (my first songs in 8 years)

I think the last time I uploaded a song to MG.org was way back in 2012 (my band Exsanguination ended around October 2012). I wrote lyrics as a side-job throughout 2013 and 2014 and wrote songs that I never shared with anyone, but was never in a band since 2012, so didn't bother doing much else. Starting in January, I've been writing songs on my own with the intention to start a new band. I was going to look for band members in February or March, but COVID-19 fucked that up.

Unlike my previous band, I'm trying to go for something far less technical (no odd time signatures or polyrhythms), much groovier, much catchier, and with way more clean vocals. As such, I'm planning on finding someone else to be the main singer and maybe I'd just be the backing vocalist/side-vocalist.

In order to find band members, I'll need to share the songs with them, so I uploaded the 7 songs I've written and recorded so far. I put them in order of completion from top to bottom. I'm playing all the instruments (and programmed the drums) for every song with the one exception of the lead guitar in the chorus of Hysteria, which Taka, the other guitarist in my old band Exsanguination, played (and it's a very early version of it that he came up with and recorded back in February).

There's quite a bit of variety too. One 8 string song (Conundrum), one lower tempo chill song (Insomnia), one ultra fast song (Burn It All Down), one song where I'm just messing around with ideas like fuzz pedals in extreme metal (Scarred). As one can imagine, these are all early stage demos with zero input from another actual guitarist, a real bassist, a real drummer, or a singer, so I imagine they'll change quite a bit once I find members.

https://soundcloud.com/user-788455400

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Pretty cool man! Lots of thiccc grooves.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

The groove in Knife Fight is cool.
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Digging this!

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

Very cool When are you adding vocals?

Edit... I see, your still finding people. I like the directions your heading.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
    Pretty cool man! Lots of thiccc grooves.
    Thanks. "Thicccccccc grooves" is the basic concept.

Quote Originally Posted by zepp View Post
    The groove in Knife Fight is cool.
    Thanks. That song's the one that I think has the most acceptable structure and groove of the whole bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Digging this!
    Thanks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    Very cool When are you adding vocals?

Edit... I see, your still finding people. I like the directions your heading.
    I actually wrote lyrics and recorded vocals for the first 2 songs a while back, but then decided that I'd prefer to have someone else be the main singer for a change. I liked the lyrics I wrote, but I ended up doing 80% aggressive vocals (death growls, thrash snarls, screams, etc.) and 20% clean vocals, when I'd actually prefer something more like 80% clean vocals, 20% aggressive. In my old band, though, it was super difficult to find band members, and I imagine the same will be true this time. Maybe even more so because of COVID-19. In the case where I end up finding a drummer and bass player but can't find a main singer, then I'll just end up doing the vocals myself like with previous bands, but I'm really hoping to find someone good.

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Good stuff
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ô - Iím not just a member, Iím the President.
    Donít expect much, itís not like Iím a rocket surgeon.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I skipped around a bit while Iím here at work listening on my iPad, Iím anxious to give it a proper listen at home when work isnít distracting me. Everything sounds pretty killer so far, man!
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.