Metal Guitarist Forums banner

My new video / single out today (non metal)

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  performingchimp 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Holy shit. I don't think I'll ever be able to complain about not being able to sing while playing simple power chord riffs anymore :lol:

Curious about that guitar... Are there specific types/models that folks in the genre/style look for, considering the extra wear from also using it as a percussion/rhythmic device? I've got a few acoustic tracks that I've been wanting to record, and I think doing percussion on the guitar like that would be a cool element, but at my skill level, it will absolutely be overdubbed :lol:

#10 ·
So that's actually a new guitar. It's gonna be my Ibanez signature model, it'll be out soon. There kind of aren't particular guitars people use for this style. Most pro percussive guitarists are using handmade boutique instruments which are not easy to get. That's why Ibanez wanted to develop this guitar. So hopefully, this will be the new standard! That's our dream. It's designed for tapping, harmonics, altered tunings, percussive work, and it has the perfect pickup system built into it.

#15 ·
By the way, the album is released today - You can stream it now, or order CD/Vinyl/Deluxe Book Edition if you like, all at this one convenient link: https://jongomm.lnk.to/TheFaintestIdea

This is the acoustic banger track. It's called Dream Factories, it's about how music, our lives, our dreams - they're taken, remade and sold back to us.
As a percussive player, aren't all your songs bangers?

...lol

#14 ·
Fully expected to come in here and have to ban one for drive by spamming, but I think we can make an exception here. :lol:

I second the accusations of sorcery. Do you float? :squint:

#18 ·
I'm back for more spamming - another video from the album just came out: fingerstyle guitar instrumental groove-based-lullaby ‘Check You’re Still Breathing’ -

I hope someone over here likes it so I feel less guilty for spamming. P.S. No I don't float. I actually suck pretty hard at guitar, that's why I have to do all this weird sh*t. But it's a fun way to make music, it turns out.

There's tab for this one in the store on my online website. "Jon gomm dot com" is the address, I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.