My new video / single out today (non metal) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new video / single out today (non metal)

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Holy shit. I don't think I'll ever be able to complain about not being able to sing while playing simple power chord riffs anymore

Curious about that guitar... Are there specific types/models that folks in the genre/style look for, considering the extra wear from also using it as a percussion/rhythmic device? I've got a few acoustic tracks that I've been wanting to record, and I think doing percussion on the guitar like that would be a cool element, but at my skill level, it will absolutely be overdubbed
    Yeah I wonder about that, I know he wore his old main guitar to the point of failure. Im dure there has to be a certain preference.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

So that's actually a new guitar. It's gonna be my Ibanez signature model, it'll be out soon. There kind of aren't particular guitars people use for this style. Most pro percussive guitarists are using handmade boutique instruments which are not easy to get. That's why Ibanez wanted to develop this guitar. So hopefully, this will be the new standard! That's our dream. It's designed for tapping, harmonics, altered tunings, percussive work, and it has the perfect pickup system built into it.

By the way, the album is released today - You can stream it now, or order CD/Vinyl/Deluxe Book Edition if you like, all at this one convenient link: https://jongomm.lnk.to/TheFaintestIdea

This is the acoustic banger track. It’s called Dream Factories, it’s about how music, our lives, our dreams - they’re taken, remade and sold back to us.

P.S. RIP EVH

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Fine, fine, fine... You can play guitar like some kind of sorcerer. I already threw my acoustics in the wood chipper last time you posted.

BUT.. Can you play Holy Wars?

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

Yeah man, acoustic hand slaptap version of Holy Wars ! Your already the boss in this style, you add acoustic Hand Drum/Tap Holy Wars you will be "of legend" Super Gomm.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Fully expected to come in here and have to ban one for drive by spamming, but I think we can make an exception here.

I second the accusations of sorcery. Do you float?

"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by performingchimp View Post
    By the way, the album is released today - You can stream it now, or order CD/Vinyl/Deluxe Book Edition if you like, all at this one convenient link: https://jongomm.lnk.to/TheFaintestIdea

This is the acoustic banger track. It’s called Dream Factories, it’s about how music, our lives, our dreams - they’re taken, remade and sold back to us.
    As a percussive player, aren't all your songs bangers?

...lol

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Quite possibly. I knew Jon from a UK newsgroup long before Stephen Fry tweeted about him and I know a little of Jon's history with guitars with handles, scalloped frets and such...