Documentary Ozzy Osbourne - 30 Years After the Blizzard - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Documentary Ozzy Osbourne - 30 Years After the Blizzard

ME: Robin Medley Special
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Mesa

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    But meh, psychopathic business practices or not, his music has always been metal guitar-centric and launched the careers of quite a lot of sick musos, even if not under the greatest of circumstances.
    So much this!

Ozzy might be crazy, talentless, poor writer and singer, a crook, a puppet and the Lars Ulrich of heavy metal singers, but he's still fucking Ozzy. Even if you don't like his singing, you can't take him out of the equation. Like, Sabbath isn't Sabbath without him (and as much as I love Dio and the Sabbath records are better with him, etc. etc. etc. the Dio years are a total different thing for me than the Ozzy years).
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club ©

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Got a huge soft spot for Ozzy's albums up to and including the first couple with Zakk. Never really paid too much attention to the politics but I'm absolutely not surprised. I scoffed at the reality tv thing when it came out, and in hindsight its actually pretty fucking horrific. Telling of the Osbourne "brand" and how it steam rolls along. And fuck his kids, so so hard

But meh, psychopathic business practices or not, his music has always been metal guitar-centric and launched the careers of quite a lot of sick musos, even if not under the greatest of circumstances.
    This is where I am, too.

He's sort of the George Clinton of metal. George was a crap singer and couldn't play an instrument, but he somehow created an environment where lots of great musical things happened in the '70s. Ozzy functioned like that after he left Sabbath. Rhoads/Daisley/Kerslake didn't need him in order to write great music, nor didn't Jake E. Lee and Daisley a few years later, but it might have been very different with an involved singer, and maybe that combo never gets together without him.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    This is where I am, too.

He's sort of the George Clinton of metal. George was a crap singer and couldn't play an instrument, but he somehow created an environment where lots of great musical things happened in the '70s. Ozzy functioned like that after he left Sabbath. Rhoads/Daisley/Kerslake didn't need him in order to write great music, nor didn't Jake E. Lee and Daisley a few years later, but it might have been very different with an involved singer, and maybe that combo never gets together without him.
    That's a good way of looking at it, considering where Sabbath went with Dio. I absolutely love the Dio era, but it's obvious that RJD was extremely involved in the songwriting process. Then, look at how Dio essentially dominated the songwriting in his solo career. I can't think of a greater contrast in solo output than Ozzy and Dio.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I watched this and enjoyed it because I don't give a fuck about the 900 reasons not to enjoy it that all you guys immediately came up with.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    I watched this and enjoyed it because I don't give a fuck about the 900 reasons not to enjoy it that all you guys immediately came up with.
    I can't help myself. I am an expert in non-enjoyment.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    I can't help myself. I am an expert in non-enjoyment.
    I know, you listen to prog.

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    I know, you listen to prog.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

ME: Robin Medley Special
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Mesa