Documentary Ozzy Osbourne - 30 Years After the Blizzard
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Documentary Ozzy Osbourne - 30 Years After the Blizzard

Documentary Ozzy Osbourne - 30 Years After the Blizzard

It's available for 7 days so go watch it while you can or download it to watch later

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Is it him fumbling around, chasing Pomeranians around the house while they piss on everything in sight and his wife shrieks like a witch?
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

RIP Lee Kerslake.

Ozzy doesn't even fucking mention him or Daisley in this video, so I couldn't watch very much of it. He and Sharon are real pieces of work...

Randy, Lee and Bob basically wrote the damned album while Ozzy was passed out on the couch, from the other sources I've read.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    RIP Lee Kerslake.

Ozzy doesn't even fucking mention him or Daisley in this video, so I couldn't watch very much of it. He and Sharon are real pieces of work...

Randy, Lee and Bob basically wrote the damned album while Ozzy was passed out on the couch, from the other sources I've read.

Ozzy has been the weak link of every single band he has ever been, and not by a little bit. Dude had zero work ethic and a shitty voice.

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post

Ozzy has been the weak link of every single band he has ever been, and not by a little bit. Dude had zero work ethic and a shitty voice.
    While I wouldn't go as far as saying he had a shitty voice while he still had a voice (just a very mediocre one), I agree with this. If he hadn't happened to own a PA system back in the day he clearly wouldn't have been talented enough to make it on his own without Sabbath, either from a songwriting- or voice perspective. His voice is just good enough to not destroy the songs he sings on, but definitely not good enough that it really improves the songs.

I guess the real talent he had at his disposal was career management, which wasn't really due to himself, but the people around him (including his wife I guess). While the way the musicians in his band have been treated is terrible, someone clearly had the knack of spotting talent. I guess keeping Ozzy in good enough shape to perform at all over the decades despite his substance abuse takes some doing as well.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Ozzy has a talent for coming up with vocal melodies. Any melodies in his era of Sabbath that weren't just singing the riff were ones he came up with. But that's really about it. He's not a lyricist or musician.

He's a good entertainer, but I just don't have much appetite to listen to him spout off about music he had very little hand in devising, especially given the timing of giving free access to this video at the same time that Lee passed away.

It's especially galling, because apparently Lee needed advanced medical care toward the end that he couldn't afford--but maybe he could have if he hadn't been fucked over on the royalties by Ozzy and Sharon all those years. I don't for a minute buy the notion that everything is Sharon's fault. Sure, she learned how to be a viper from her father, but it's a fiction that Ozzy was never involved in any of those decisions.

ME: LTD EC 1000
    Rig: EVH 5150 III EL34 50watt

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    Sure, she learned how to be a viper from her father, but it's a fiction that Ozzy was never involved in any of those decisions.

ehh....i really doubt that Ozzy had much say in who was in the studio or on stage with him. In the 80s, he was fucked out of his mind on drugs and booze and he became so dependent on what Sharon told him to do. Lets face it, the dude is just a puppet.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by WombCannon View Post
    ehh....i really doubt that Ozzy had much say in who was in the studio or on stage with him. In the 80s, he was fucked out of his mind on drugs and booze and he became so dependent on what Sharon told him to do. Lets face it, the dude is just a puppet.
    I think that Sharon is an eminently unlikable person, and that her and Ozzy play off that to their benefit. Ozzy coming off as the crazy, lovable idiot that you'd love to have a beer with is more image than substance at this point, and has been for a while. The likely truth is that they are a power couple that crushes everyone in their way, and they carefully protect the brand and image that they created.

Ozzy may speak highly of Randy, but that's because he died young. Otherwise, there is a good chance he'd have fucked him over just as hard as Jake E. Lee.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.