Andy James getting that MAGA cash (FFDP content) - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Andy James getting that MAGA cash (FFDP content)

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Also, found out, although anyone probably could have guessed, that yes, FFDP do have their own challenge coins available for purchase to true patriots.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Robin Medley Special
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Mesa

President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club ©

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

Five Fingered D-Bags issue a clarifying statement about their video:

Five Finger Death Punch’s Zoltan Bathory issues statement on new “Living the Dream” video

TLDR- Hey- you've got it all wrong- we're not anti-mask. In fact, buy one of our branded masks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    Five Fingered D-Bags issue a clarifying statement about their video:

Five Finger Death Punch’s Zoltan Bathory issues statement on new “Living the Dream” video

TLDR- Hey- you've got it all wrong- we're not anti-mask. In fact, buy one of our branded masks!
    Lmao, I thought that was hyperbole but no be literally says that

So no – The scene in question is not about the masks – it’s NOT an Anti-Mask message… in fact you can go to FiveFingerDeathPunch.com Right now and buy some cool ones…
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

You gotta give Salted Boysenberry some respect, up until he came along, people were like, "I can't decide whose opinion is shittier, white dudes with dreadlocks, or people with names like like shitty Dungeons and Dragons characters.".

Now that Sultan Battery is on the scene, you no longer have to chose.

I did like his statement though. Especially the parts where he proved his vast knowledge of world history by repeatedly claiming that if it weren't for America, North Korean and Cuban immigrants would have have nowhere to go. North Korea doesn't even allow anyone out of their country, and our relationship with Cuba has been incredibly complicated for decades now. He could have picked literally any other country in the world to make a better point.

"OH, MY FRIEND WHO SUCKLES AT THE TEAT OF THE SILVER TABLE CUTLERY, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GOOD YOU ARE HAVING IT, MANY COME TO THIS GREAT LAND BECAUSE NO WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD PROVIDES THE OPPORTUNITY FOR A WHITE MAN WITH DREADLOCKS TO PULL HIMSELF UP BY THE NU METAL MUSICAL STYLINGS OF HIS OWN BOOT STRAPS. YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HOW BAD IT WOULD GET. HEHE. THE ICE CREAM TRUCKS. IF NOT FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY AND ITS BOUNDLESS MUSICAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR WHITE MEN WITH DREADLOCKS, WHERE WOULD IMMIGRANTS FROM NORTH KOREA GO? I GO TO THE GROCERY STORE AND I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS NOT BUTTER COMRADE, IN MY HOMELAND, THE DROP TUNINGS ARE PUNISHED WITH A BULLET TO THE HEAD FROM THE ICE CREAM TRUCK DEATH SQUADS. IF YOUR TUNING IS DROPPED, YOUR BODY WILL BE NEXT, INTO A SHALLOW GRAVE DUG BY THE SUBURBAN OVERLORDS AND THEIR ICE CREAM TRUCK THUG LEGION. THE JEWISH MAN THOUGHT HE HAD IT BAD WITH THE CAMP TATTOO, BUT IN THE FUTURE THERE WILL ONLY BE DECORATIVE ENAMELED BUTTONS AND BONDAGE COSTUMES AS THE MARKINGS OF THE SERVITUDE. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A METAPHOR IS MY FRIEND? THE YOUNG MAGIC MAN HARRY POTTER, HE IS A METAPHOR. THE METAL PEOPLE THAT TURN INTO TRUCKS TO DISGUISE THEMSELVES? THEY ARE A METAPHOR. THE ALIEN WHO RIDES THE FLYING BICYCLE AND TEACHES THE MEANING OF FRIENDSHIP? THAT IS NOT A METAPHOR. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? I HAVE CIRCLED THE PARTS IN THIS WHICH YOU HAVE SO FOOLISHLY IGNORED ARE METAPHORS. I CAN SMELL THE MUSK OF THE CAPITALIST INSTINCT UPON YOU MY FRIEND, LIKE THE WISE KING OF THE CARIBOU, AND I WOULD BE HYPOCRITICAL IF I DID NOT COMMEND YOU FOR TRYING TO FUCK ME. OH YES, THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO WIN A GAME OF CHECKERS. YOU MUST FUCK THE OTHER ONE WITH THE MAILED FIST OF CAPITALISM. I MOVE TO THE GREAT AMERICAN CAPITAL OF LAS VEGAS, THE CAPITAL OF THIS GREAT NATION, WHICH IS WHERE THE PILGRIMS FIRST LANDED THE WATERCRAFT HELMED BY THE GREAT WHITE DETECTIVE COLUMBO AND PERFORMED THE ROCK AND THE FIRST THANKSGIVING, I DID NOT MOVE HERE TO SEE THIS COUNTRY FALL TO THE ICE CREAM MAN. THAT IS THE FIRST STEP IN THE TYRANNY. OH YES. STALIN DID NOT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. FIRST THERE WAS ONLY YOGURT. THEN THERE WAS FROZEN YOGURT. THEN THERE WAS ICE CREAM. IT WAS SO SLOW AND DEVIOUS PEOPLE DID NOT EVEN SEE IT COMING. IF I WAS OPPOSING MASKS, WHY DO I HAVE A WEBSITE? OH YES, ASK THE JEEVES MAN THAT IF YOU ARE SO SMART, IF I WAS OPPOSING MASKS, WHY DO I HAVE A WEBSITE?"

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    To this day, I don't believe I've ever met a 5FDP fan nor seen them mentioned in conservative media/forums. They seem to make money, so somebody out there enjoys them.
    I have, once.

I went out to meet a couple I'm friends with for dinner and drinks and live jazz at a bar downtown. It was me, the two of them, and the guy's sister and her boyfriend. They had invited the two of them along as well because they thought he kinda sucked, and were hoping maybe he couldn't make it and then they could try to to set me up with her, like maybe if she met another decent guy she'd see the light. We got onto the subject of music at one point, and he meantioned he was into "metal bands... like Five Finger Death Punch." I managed to keep a straight face. Sadly, he proposed very shortly after that.

I don't know what's the most damning part of this story, from his perspective, but it's either:
    1) this couple was trying to set their sister/sister-in-law up behind the back of her boyfriend of a year and change, or
    2) they saw me as an improvement over Mr. Five Finger Death Punch.

...but take your pick, they both tell you everything I need to know about the band's fans.

Anyway, I met Andy James once, at an Angel Vivaldi's show, and he seemed like a really nice dude, quiet, surprisingly soft spoken, and he cn play his living ASS off. Way overqualified to be in this band - that said, while I'm happy to hear he's cashing a good paycheck from this, it worries me a little he took the gig.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Anyway, I met Andy James once, at an Angel Vivaldi's show, and he seemed like a really nice dude, quiet, surprisingly soft spoken, and he cn play his living ASS off. Way overqualified to be in this band - that said, while I'm happy to hear he's cashing a good paycheck from this, it worries me a little he took the gig.
    Same, gigged with him once when we were on the same label and he was pleasant. I know he's also close to a friend of mine who is a good judge of character.

Good on him, we've both spent years in the UK scene which is political as fuck and has a huge glass ceiling, there comes a time when kudos is not enough to justify the work and you need something more.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Holy crap, I forgot he's British. That just makes his presence in an ultra-American video even more hilarious.