SCOUR - Doom (Phill Anselmo and company ) - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SCOUR - Doom (Phill Anselmo and company )

ME: Schecter Blackjack

Ah, so that's why Jason Momoa was getting vocal lessons from the Archspire vocalist. This definitely is some good straightforward blackened death.
    And man, Rutan's solos never fail to please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

I'm not really into Black Metal. I mean I used to love Bathory (first 3-4 Albums) back in the day and before he started the Viking and Valkyries bullshit (that he had no skill to perform, but anyway...)

From time to time I listen to some occasional tunes but after 2-3 everything sounds the same and if its slow its a turn off for me. This tune is violent AF, makes me want to release steam

ME: Gibson Les Paul Std
    Rig: Orange OR120

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    I'm not really into Black Metal. I mean I used to love Bathory (first 3-4 Albums) back in the day and before he started the Viking and Valkyries bullshit (that he had no skill to perform, but anyway...)
    Epic Viking Bathory > BM Bathory

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by schreckmusic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Yeah man, this is just some straight up fucking great extreme metal, I actually keep finding myself listening to it again and again when I don't usually gravitate towards this sort of stuff.
    Extreme metal just isn't that popular around here, neither is Mr Anselmo (with good reason), but if you ignore whose project this is, this is just straight up fucking great blackened DM [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/images/smilies/hookem.gif[/IMG] (assuming you like that sort of thing)
    Are you into Behemoth?

Apart from inferno, behemoth are the McDonald's of this type of music.

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post

From time to time I listen to some occasional tunes but after 2-3 everything sounds the same and if its slow its a turn off for me. This tune is violent AF, makes me want to release steam [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
    Think you are listening to the wrong stuff, BM is probably one of the few genres of metal thats legitimately still interesting. All the "big names" of black metal are in fact just shite death metal with costumes usually.

A lot of the Icelandic stuff is great like rebirth of nefast, mysphyrming, svartidaudi, skaphe. Then there's stuff like akrotheism and chaos moon. Loads of great stuff.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

This is absolutely awful, which is exactly what I expected. It’s twenty goddamn twenty, so the guitars shouldn’t sound like a transistor radio.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    This is absolutely awful, which is exactly what I expected. It’s twenty goddamn twenty, so the guitars shouldn’t sound like a transistor radio.
    Not everyone likes soft, classic dad rock sounding polished shite

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you over the sound of me cranking Testament.