SCOUR - Doom (Phill Anselmo and company ) - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 57 to 64 of 64

Thread: SCOUR - Doom (Phill Anselmo and company )

  1. #57


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
    ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2

    iTrader: 0

    I'm not saying it was ever tolerated, just that current events have made it a topic that's hard to discuss objectively without emotions getting in the way. I mean, if there were riots because of race issues around me I know it would be pretty hard to talk about objectively.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #58


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: NJ
    ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    I wouldn't get so bothered by it if I didn't want to be part of a community here, but fuck me some people make it difficult, and don't really share in the solidarity we're meant to enjoy as like-minded folk with a shared interest.
    I love ya man! Even back to our MSN messenger days

  4. #59


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: The GrVm North
    ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

    iTrader: 35 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Exactly, I hope everyone on the forum can extend the same courtesy.
    Fuck off cockface, sell me your horizon.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #60


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Herndon, VA
    ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    The expectation that rock stars also be quality individuals is a relatively recent one.

    Historically, the assumption was the exact opposite.

  7. #61


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: San Jose, CA
    ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

    iTrader: 16 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    The expectation that rock stars also be quality individuals is a relatively recent one.

    Historically, the assumption was the exact opposite.
    I think one cool thing about the internet *destroying* the music industry is that it allows us to find decent people who make amazing music from anywhere in the world. At a time when there is more music than time to listen to all of it, it's easy to decide.

  8. #62


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: London, England
    ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Exactly, I hope everyone on the forum can extend the same courtesy.
    Fuck off cockface, sell me your horizon.
    Presidential negotiation tactics.

  9. #63


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Cambridge, UK
    ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn/Hiwatt

    iTrader: 5 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    The expectation that rock stars also be quality individuals is a relatively recent one.

    Historically, the assumption was the exact opposite.
    If a musician I happen to like the music of happens to be a complete piece of shit (Hi Varg!), I will sail the high seas for their music, because fuck giving money to racists... now, the whole philosophical aspect of actually listening to someones music that you fundamentally disagree with on a personal level is completely different thread. Personally I subscribe to the "if I like it, I'll listen to it" kinda attitude, regardless of the genre or artist, but if I find that I disagree with them enough on a personal level I wont pay for their musical output.

    Still though, I wont go into Testament threads and tell everyone how boring they are and post a bunch of shit black metal bands that nobody who likes Testament gives a shit about whilst telling people how shit Testament are. OK, I know Phil Anselmo is a piece of shit... we get it... he's an idiot, he's a fucking racist piece of shit. Fuck me he decided to Sieg Heil in public, I think he might just flat out be an idiot, but he's at least publicly apologised for it, as far as I'm aware. If so, great! I'd rather reform people than endlessly punish people for things they've come to regret due to ignorance or what have you.

    Ultimately, if you like the music of someone who you think is a cunt... just don't pay for it...

  10. #64


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: The GrVm North
    ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

    iTrader: 35 (100%)

    So what you're saying is that you also pirated Zero Mantra?


Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge