New System of a a Down - Genocidal Humanoidz

Thread: New System of a a Down - Genocidal Humanoidz

New System of a a Down - Genocidal Humanoidz

More than "new songs" this is a wake up to what's happening in Armenia right now

Yes I Like SOAD and a LOT!

When everybody was already basically doing the same old they managed to make Metal in a very different and to me in an interesting and appealing "fashion" Too bad that because of a stupid friend that always insisted to show up late I missed them opening for Slayer 20 years ago and then never had the chance to see them Live once

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

I wonder what Daron said to Serj to get him to do another track? Most all accounts from Serj was that he just wanted to make different music.

Edit: wait, that was kind of a boring song

Serj has been extremely active on Social Media these past two months because of the Armenian situation in Artsakh.

Its more because of this:

"We as System Of A Down have just released new music for the first time in 15 years. The time to do this is now, as together, the four of us have something extremely important to say as a unified voice. These two songs, “Protect The Land” and “Genocidal Humanoidz” both speak of a dire and serious war being perpetrated upon our cultural homelands of Artsakh and Armenia.

On September 27, the combined forces of Azerbaijan and Turkey (along with Isis terrorists from Syria) attacked the Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh, which we as Armenians call Artsakh."

I wont go into more details since its a sensitive Topic but anyone can see what is happening there.

They also released a video for their second song and its current war imagery of Artsakh.

These new tunes are in fact a "wake up" call to the rest of the World.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Got an odd history with SOAD, I loved their first album when it came out and saw them a few times but lost interest once Chop Suey hit MTV and they started selling branded lunchboxes.

Quite a few years later I saw them play a festival headline slot and couldn't deny that they absolutely owned it. Checked a few of their last albums and they'd developed into really adept and interesting song-writers.

ME: Jackson SLATXMG7FR
    MA: Takamine G335 12-String
    MB: Ibanez SR-405
    Rig: Peavey 6505+

I will say that the new songs are a little on the boring side but this one is definitely the more interesting one. It is a good cause though and they're pretty much the reason I got into looking more into international politics. Can't help the feeling that Serj and Daron have basically been trolling us last year saying they can't make new music and then BAM new music comes out. I dunno, if they can get into the more avant-garde stuff eventually that would be great and I'm glad they're making new music I just hope they put some more heart and effort into it in the future. I liked Daron and Serj's solo projects (minus Imperfect Harmonies which was very wtf) and I think if Serj played guitar and piano on more SOAD records they would be better for it.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.