Stephen Carpenter - Earth is Flat (and some other retardation talk) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Carpenter - Earth is Flat (and some other retardation talk)

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Well, the amount of chemicals (and the degree of their interactions with other chemicals) that it takes to really turn a person into an imbecile are obviously different. Case in point...

^ This man, Carl Sagan, whom I regard as having written the bible of science, was also a pot smoker and marijuana advocate
    Being a pot smoker doesn't make you stupid

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Being a pot smoker doesn't make you stupid
    I 100% agree with you. But that is a limited statement, and doesn't factor in pre-pot academic ability or mental state before consuming either a daily J or Steph Carpenter level bongloads that would make Snoop Dogg think twice

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Case in point, me. I was a pretty bright and absolutely bored kid when I started smoking pot at age 14. One year into it, and I was smoking before the school bus, once we got to school, at lunch, before the bus picked us up, and at night

It got me a lot of new friends, and a lot of really, really bad grades in school that year. Quitting was pretty hard but I had a nice boost to start... my source took a summer vacation with family back in Georgia for two months. Drying-out was literally like a month long process of slowly watching the brainfog fade away. After that, I decided that altered mental states weren't for me, and I've been sober ever since.

But, I never thought the Earth was flat, or that vaccines didn't work, or any garbage like that while I was high for that year, but I did seem to think that it was OK that I was insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and that I should just float through life not caring so much. What a load of trash

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Aflat the fur

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

^ This man, Carl Sagan, whom I regard as having written the bible of science, was also a pot smoker and marijuana advocate
    I wouldnt equate him with a rock star level of intake 24/7 as well as the other substances dear Carl most likely didnt do. Far from equal if we're going forensic and not just making observations of general possibilities. I never saw him do an interview on acid/shrooms smoking a blunt rolled with a 1/4 oz of stickyness have you?

Also, a little humor should be read into this... I am almost never dictating critical analysis of rock stars.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Ibanez S970CW
    Rig: 6505+ Head and Cab

Classic, "I'm not in a cult, you're in the cult" mentality.

Also, I suppose it's not too far fetched for a guy to believe in something so stupid who, from what I've read so far, has smoked more weed than Willy Nelson
    For what its worth I smoke a lot of weed too and ill go outside look up and think "Holy shit, its space! How do people not believe in space when it's RIGHT THERE?" Then I order a pizza and fall asleep.
    "I'm really not going to change to something else just because SSD4 fucks with my ass right now."

- Rocka_Rollas

All I can say is, I've looked past some pretty reprehensible people to enjoy their music (Tim Lambesis, Jimmy Page, hell even Ozzy Osbourne) so I guess I'll do the same here.

ME: B.C Rich Bich St

People too stupid to know how stupid they are