Wolfgang Tribute song to his father - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolfgang Tribute song to his father

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    He's got a nice singing voice and could certainly release something credible if his writing is solid.
    His lyrical voice isn’t bad, either. I’d definitely give anything he put out a listen, since it’s obvious he was paying attention to everything his dad was doing. Van Halen would never have been huge if they were just that band with the hot shit guitarist. Eddie knew how to write a pop hook like nobody’s business.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Fractal AX8

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    Man people are fucking ruthless Rev, lots of internet balls/keyboard tough guys.
    Generally speaking, people are getting dumber and more violent every single day, and it's not just from behind a keyboard. We are in a dangerous (and getting more dangerous by the minute) period of history.
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    Generally speaking, people are getting dumber and more violent every single day, and it's not just from behind a keyboard. We are in a dangerous (and getting more dangerous by the minute) period of history.
    Yes... there seems that common sense and middle ground is vanishing. So if you don't agree with someone you are either an "enemy". I see this everyday on FB, sometimes it's impossible to have an argument with anyone if we don't agree. Most people don't even try to hear the other part and are also super super lazy looking for information...

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    Truth. Keyboard Warrior is only one part of the overall disease unfortunatley.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

New tune show up.

Its not my type at all. Maybe I'm just too old for this.

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

[/QUOTE]

I know I shouldn't be surprised since he's a Van Halen, but I didn't expect that solo to rip like it did.

ME: Custom Tele
    MA: Guild GAD F150
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass 24 V
    Rig: Jet City JCA-22H

Finally had a chance to listen to this song tonight.

HOLY FUCK that was deep.

Didnt care that it was a total snooze fest musically, the lyrics had tears down my face. I am not a VH fan, there were some fanatics at FMIC when I worked there but I never bought into the hype. I like a few song here and there but this was something else. This was well written and that voicemail at the end man, fuck, that was a heavy thing to hear. EVH, the biggest rock god on the planet, was also a kickass dad and a total softy for his kid. I am a total softy for my kids too and something about this is just so relatable to me. Like I want to be that present in my kids lives. Its something to look up to even more than his guitar playing.

I am sure that like every family, there were ups and downs. Eddie struggle with addiction for a lot of his life so I am sure that Wolfie's life wasnt all roses but damn this was so cool to see.

Reading some of the comments on Twitter is heart breaking. I am sure Eddie is looking down and roasting every guitar those assholes will ever know.

RIP EVH