Wolfgang Tribute song to his father
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolfgang Tribute song to his father

Wolfgang Tribute song to his father

Wolfgang released the video a couple hours ago

“As my pop continued to struggle with various health issues, I was imagining what my life would be like without him and how terribly I’d miss him. While the song is incredibly personal, I think anyone can relate to the idea of having a profound loss in their life. I never intended ‘Distance’ to be the very first piece of music people would hear from me, but I also thought my father would be here to celebrate its release. This is for him. I love and miss you, Pop - WVH.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

I dig it, and am glad it isnt a VH imitation but his own thing.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

I don't care for it, and it sounds like ground well trodden. However, it is well executed and produced, and the lyrics are definitely from the heart.

Having said that, that poor guy is never going to catch a break. If he does something in a completely different style from his father, then people will bitch that he falls short. If he does stuff like his dad, then people will accuse him of cashing in. Anything other than shredding, and he doesn't have dad's chops. He shreds, and it will be he's all chops and no feel. I can't imagine anything worse as a musician than being the child of a legend and icon who transformed the way people approach music.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I don't care for it, and it sounds like ground well trodden. However, it is well executed and produced, and the lyrics are definitely from the heart.

Having said that, that poor guy is never going to catch a break. If he does something in a completely different style from his father, then people will bitch that he falls short. If he does stuff like his dad, then people will accuse him of cashing in. Anything other than shredding, and he doesn't have dad's chops. He shreds, and it will be he's all chops and no feel. I can't imagine anything worse as a musician than being the child of a legend and icon who transformed the way people approach music.
    Dude, the shit he gets on Twitter is mind blowing. It blows me away that people who claim to be hardcore VH fans would go after Ed’s own kid like they do, but man, they’re fucking brutal on there. Just 3 days ago some fucktard posted this to his feed-

“Still leaching off your father’s name I see. You talentless fucking hack. Leave the band and give your spot back to it’s rightful owner you lowlife cunt.”

Couple weeks ago-

“Hey dog, or whatever a wolf is, STFU. Your Mom and Dad were the stars. Your just someone who stole Michael Anthony’s job. Now, stay silent, and be a good boy. No one cares what YOU have to say about anything. Unless it’s cake, tell me what cake you love. STFU”

And-

“@WolfVanHalen your an idiot. Saying a reunion is “hurting my family” is crybaby bs. The fans want Van Hagar or Van Dave, not you. STFU douchebag!! You will never have as much talent as even one of Valerie’s late ex-husbands guitar picks!”

I tried leaving in all the spelling and grammatical errors, but my iPad autocorrects most of them. Really foul shit, especially after the guy’s fuckin’ father died. And those are just the one’s Wolf’s responded to, I’m sure there are plenty more that go unnoticed. He takes them in stride and trolls the shit out of those people, then you generally get a good amount of people backing Wolf up and tearing the assholes apart.

But yeah, he’s facing an uphill battle. Hopefully the album stands on it’s own two feet enough that people forget his last name and treat the music for what it is.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

And while I may agree that it was a poor decision to probably put Wolfie in that role of Michael Anthony's or their probably could have been a better way of doing it.

I still have a huge amount of respect for Wolfie, he cares about the fans and he doesn't have to. He actually is the only reason we got another VH record as well tour.

But get this, he took it to a whole new level in this video. He convinced his Father (Eddie obviously) to do a whole tour with not only Michael Anthony & DLR but Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherone as well.

If that doesn't speak miles, I don't know what does. Thank God for Wolfie or the fans may have not seen a lot of things because he was in his Dad's ear. R.I.P. EVH and God Bless you Wolf.

It brings joy to my heart that we would have finally gotten the closed chapter VH fans always wanted.

And let's be honest, if we all loved our Dad that much and wanted to make music. Which one of us really would have turned down to play in their Dad's band, especially at 16.
    Something special about it if you look at it in a different way. Just watch the vid.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    ...Twitter...
    That's about all you needed to say there. YouTube comments might be the only online place that's shittier.

Having just lost my own dad, this one hit me.

I agree with Noodles that Wolf will never get the chance to be taken seriously as a musician on his own merits.

That said, he's been playing for a long time but doesn't seem to have had the 'fire in the belly' to strike out on his own, which would have been a lot easier while EVH was still alive. Maybe's too nice a guy for the music biz...

He's got a nice singing voice and could certainly release something credible if his writing is solid.

ME: Robin Medley Special
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Mesa

People are savages, especially behind a keyboard. Sad and crazy.
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club ©

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    Dude, the shit he gets on Twitter is mind blowing. It blows me away that people who claim to be hardcore VH fans would go after Ed’s own kid like they do, but man, they’re fucking brutal on there.
    Man people are fucking ruthless Rev, lots of internet balls/keyboard tough guys.