Well. Liquid Tension Experiment 3 has been announced and a teaser to go along with it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well. Liquid Tension Experiment 3 has been announced and a teaser to go along with it

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Well. Liquid Tension Experiment 3 has been announced and a teaser to go along with it

This albums sound like it's going to be ridiculous.

I have very high hopes for this album and since Portnoy gets to write it will be quite a show.

I didn't really get too pumped for his playing on Petrucci's solo album, it sounded restricted since he didn't necessarily write.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

That's not a riff

This is a riff

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Rocka is right.

I will listen to this once, be impressed by it, and then never listen to it again. Just like every other LTE album. These guys are all insanely talented but somewhere in their study of musical acrobatics they completely forgot how to write a cool riff.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Rocka is right.

I will listen to this once, be impressed by it, and then never listen to it again. Just like every other LTE album. These guys are all insanely talented but somewhere in their study of musical acrobatics they completely forgot how to write a cool riff.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

Rocka is right.

Ditto.... bought the first one, gave it a spin, dont think it made it back to my car or stereo again. Fantastic world class musicians playing music you'll forget in 10 minutes..... like a bunch of new bands.
    I have the power to make my evil take its course....

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Very excited about this, love LTE, hate DT.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I'm stoked for this. I LOVE the first LTE album.....like, a lot. The 2nd one had moments, but I think overall, with Petrucci not being present during the improv jams and just recording his parts of the top, it had a different feel. Some of Petrucci's best tones on that first one as well.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

Rocka is right.

Agreed. I think I've listened to it once or twice. I just can't get into this shit anymore.