1990 John Arch audition for Dream Theater

Thread: 1990 John Arch audition for Dream Theater

ME: ESP Mirage
    Rig: Triaxis & SimulClass 2:90

1990 John Arch audition for Dream Theater

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4KT1QYchcQ&feature=related]YouTube - Dream Theater: Vocal Auditions '90 - Don't Look Past Me #3[/VIDEO]
    It's not horrible I guess, but not great either. Cool song though.

And then you have the one and only Steve Stone. I actually got to see them perform live in Long Island with this guy for what I believe to be his first and last appearance as their singer. He was awful as if this audition tape couldn't tell you that already.
    [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-_93IUJQIU&feature=related]YouTube - Dream Theater: Vocal Auditions '90 - Metropolis[/VIDEO]
    FUCK THE YANKEES, Cliff Lee, The Phillies, Tom Brady, Drew, snow, SS.org, Ebay, Bill Belichick, John Boehner, the iPhone, the gecko from the Geico commercials, shitty drivers, dealing with insurance companies, crazy ex girlfriends, my job at the moment, my shitty mood, new year's resolution's, happy people, the state of Connecticut, my cubicle at work, lower back pain, the Seahawks, anything Queensyche has done the last 15 years, NASA, Tiger Woods, the economy, people who can't drive in the rain, acid reflux, everyone in Dream Theater except John Myung, Metallica, customer service at Verizon, people who take up the whole aisle at the grocery store, The Rock, working Saturday's, waiting for Drew's album, The Packers, Robinson Cano, tires with no traction, spam email and the spam you eat, Putin, cavities, Netflix, Godzilla, Taylor Swift, the price of replacement windows on my house, squash... to be continued

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

i love john arch, he shits on labrie
    Confront and Cry

The John arch take is badass, but the song is kinda blah. I really wish he'd have joined DT back in the day.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

Quote Originally Posted by MetalKen View Post
    I really wish he'd have joined DT back in the day.
    Amen

"Love the music, hate the vocals" is the battlecry of the clinically retarded, but that being said, I love DT's music, hate the vocals.

And my fucking Black Clouds Silver Linings or whatever the fuck it's called is still back-ordered at Worst Buy. WTF?