Woods Of Ypres - Woods V (Grey Skies & Electric Light)

Thread: Woods Of Ypres - Woods V (Grey Skies & Electric Light)

ME: Gibson Les Paul Std
    Rig: Orange OR120

Woods Of Ypres - Woods V (Grey Skies & Electric Light)

So, finally got my copy of that record. Released already posthumous after David's death..

Wow, what a piece of art. While some songs need to grow a bit (but get even better with every spin), there are also instant "hits" on it, and out of them this would be my current favourtite song:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ieVfyEdZs]Woods of Ypres - Travelling Alone (2012) - YouTube[/VIDEO]

And I mean my current favourite song in general, not only from WOY.

It has been a long time that I listened to a record where music and lyrics made so much sense together, and the complete "art" creates such an intense melancholic atmosphere.... the lyrics are very "deep", very depressing (especcially considerings the mainmans death just before th record was released), but without any cheese metaphorics or halfassed-suicide-dreams. These are degredading most Suicide Black Metal Bands down to a childrens-birthday party at McDonalds.

From the other thread, I take there are some fans of this band here - Do yourself a favour and get that record. It IS worth it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

i actually picked this up yesterday. i havnt had a chance to spin it, but im really looking forward to it
    Confront and Cry

ME: HevAri Dragonrider 7
    MB: Squier Affinity Jazz V
    Rig: Fryette Sig:X/VHT D60

Great album...I had the chance to play a show on the same bill as Woods (actually, as direct support) last March. I got to see them 3 times, at my favorite venue, and every time was awesome...even the first, when I'd only heard a couple songs of theirs at the time. Awesome band...David will be sorely missed.

BTW, have any of you guys checked out videos from the tribute show in Toronto recently?

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjwrqx1zDo]David Gold (Woods of Ypres) Memorial Concert 2012 - Toronto - YouTube[/VIDEO]

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: HD500

Wirelessly posted ()

My old band played with them in a tiny, shithole bar in St. Thomas, Ontario. I missed their set, but I talked with a couple of them about merch and band stuff and they were all really cool and helpful and decent guys. Not my kind of music at all, but good guys are good guys, and it sucks he's no longer with us.

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

So i listened to this album about 3 times today at work. Peter's completely right. This album is awesome through and through. Has some heavy songs, some mid paced songs, and some down right beautiful songs. The lyrics are very meaningfull and moving for me and the melodys are just beautiful.
    It sucks so much David is gone and this is the last album we will hear from Woods.