Ethan Brosh - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Brosh

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    Maybe I'm just too old and jaded, but I wasn't that blown away by either. They can play really well, for sure, but neither really did much for me.
    If you don't like that 80's-riffic first video, you have no soul.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter Loomis
    MA: Ibanez classical
    MB: Ibanez SR400QM
    Rig: Fenders

I have CD's from both Ethan and Nili, but I have to say I prefer Nili's music more.

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

That recurring harmonized theme in Nili's video is straight out of one of the TSO tracks. No complaints, though, both Nili and Ethan are awesome!
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

I saw this dude open for Yngwie and uh......

Well, I'll put it this way. There are two kinds of people in the world.

Those who believe that the only people with a legitimate reason to wear fingerless gloves are homeless people living on the street and elite commandos fighting jungle wars.

and

Those who believe that the only people with a legitimate reason to wear fingerless gloves are homeless people living on the street, elite commandos fighting jungle wars, and kids with wealthy parents who got sent to every Berklee summer camp from a young age who unironically think it will make them look tough even though it is very clear from hearing a couple notes of #BERKLEESUMMERCAMPSHREDPHRASING that they have no legitimate reason to be wearing fingerless gloves.

Although to be fair, just incase the fingerless gloves didn't make him look cool enough he also had a fringed leather jacket, spurs, random strips of fabric tied around limbs, three different bandanas, rockstar costume jewelry, and a DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER GENUINE LEATHER BOUNTY HUNTER WRISTBAND as an insurance policy.

Which you will need if you attend the rough streets of Berklee College of Music Shred Summer camp.

I will say though, even though I don't personally enjoy either Brosh siblings playing, I respect them both for not writing their own wikipedia entries.

A lot of people are vain enough to write their own Wikipedia entries, but not the Brosh siblings. I don't know how they think they can get away with it, since it's very clear when someone has written their own wikipedia because it reads like an ultra rosy resume. Glad the Brosh siblings don't engage in that kind of thing.

Some people would use their wikipedia entries to inflate their own egos and hawk their own wares instead of offering factual historical information about a major historical figure.

But not Ethan Brosh, whose new album Conspiracy is available as a digital download, as a CD, and also in vinyl album form.

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

You have an encyclopedic knowledge of music industry asswaggonry.
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

Quote Originally Posted by zepp View Post
    You have an encyclopedic knowledge of music industry asswaggonry.
    I actually just have some friends in similar fields who really don't like them.

As ultimately pathetic and insular as the world of shred revivalism (or any virtuosic instrumental type thing for that matter) is, there is a lot of behind the scenes drama. Particularly around the whole "Parents with money ----> Known Expensive Music University" feeder system and the pervasive culture of "connections are king/it's not what you know, it's who you know".

Which is a valid criticism as far as I am concerned. I don't actually listen to instrumental shred guitar. Can't really stand it. But it's an ultra competitive world for that shit, and the recognition tends to disproportionately go to people who started out with a significant leg up in many ways.