Ethan Brosh - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Brosh

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I don't care about any of this shit. The guy can play his ass off and shred is fuckin' awesome. I think it all kicks ass

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Metal and affiliated genres have a ridiculous amount of petty behind the scenes drama.

The only subgenre worse than shred is black metal. I know a few people who have gotten "their lawyers" involved over writing credits for local black metal demos. I'm not even kidding.

Anyone who says, "Musicians and affiliated type people are all supportive of eachother and never spread juicy gossip behind eachothers' backs because music isn't a competition" is straight up lying to you.

Half of being an internet notable shred guitarist is bitching about all the other internet notable shred guitarists cramping your style. Metal and affiliated genres in the internet age are basically just a bunch of people competing over the same small slice of pie. The most inane shit talking I have ever heard takes place in the metal scene by a huge margin.

You've never truly lived in the eye of the hurricane of inane metal drama until you've been in the green room at some shitty local metal fest and someone busts in and is like, "I THOUGHT WE ALL AGREED NO ONE WOULD UNDERCUT ANYONE ELSE ON MERCH, LORDS OV SHIT MOUNTAIN ARE SELLING THEIR BLACK SHIRTS WITH SKULLS FOR $15 WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS SELLING THEIR BLACK SHIRTS WITH SKULLS FOR $20, OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE A DISPROPORTIONATE PIECE OF THE PIE".

Seriously, if you sell your black shirts with skulls for $15 when every other merch table is selling theirs for $20 be prepared for a two year long soap opera.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

It's definitely not all about the music, like 50% of being even a minor celebrity in any modern metal genre is knowing the ins and outs of behind the scenes drama like you can't use fog machines unless you are a headliner, unless you want to be blacklisted from every shitty metal event.

If you develop a reputation for being the band that shows up with their own fancy fog machines in an effort to upstage the headliner you are fucking done.

Every shred tour opener in existence has to agree to stupidly dramatic rules like, "Only the headliner gets to have fans on stage blowing back their hair".

"These are mature adults who don't have backstage arguments about which bands get to have fans blowing back their hair" is a myth.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

In other words, nothings changed from the old days where you weren’t allowed to use more than 6 channels on the snake if you weren’t the headliner?
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    In other words, nothings changed from the old days where you weren’t allowed to use more than 6 channels on the snake if you weren’t the headliner?
    So you also played with King Diamond?

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So you also played with King Diamond?
    No, Biohazard... #SameThing

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    That's so on the nose is painful
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

Being a low-talent bedroom rocker is so much more fun than this shit.
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday