Metal Guitarist Forums banner

SCENARIOT: New prog rock band featuring me on bass

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Bloody_Inferno 
#1 ·
Earlier this year, I got a session job to play bass for a guitarist planning to release a prog rock album. It started off with only bass duties but since it was produced by the singer of my other prog band, whom also co-produced my solo album with me, I ended up adding some additional guitars and a few keytar parts here and there. It was also the first time I got to run a session, while producing some of his vocal parts for this album.

6 post producing months later, we've got some music released under the moniker Scenariot. Full album will be out next year.

Hope you guys like it. :)

#6 ·
So I had a listen again late last night, and now I can't unsee/unhear the Labrie comparison. Bloody hell, thanks guys. :lol:

Speaking of pedals, I didn't really use too much here on bass. Just an MXR DI and a Tri Avatar Chorus to aux pan on post to give that Randy Staub effect. And since l left that chorus pedal in my friend's studio, I'm guessing he probably used it on everything else as well. :lol:

We did use a lot of my gear on the guitar parts. Much like my album, it's mostly the 5153 boosted with Free The Tone pedal dujour. Though due to time constrains and complications, a lot of the guitar parts ended up being recorded in the guitarist's home using VSTs.

#9 ·

Full album is finally out for digital download on Bandcamp and all streaming sites.

https://scenariot.bandcamp.com/album/scenariot

This is the first of 3 releases in the next 2 months for me. I might need to speed up on my solo album followup to balance things out. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.